• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BenfleetDan

Last nights performance was a joke with a total lack of effort by ALL including the management

Are they just going through the motions in the hope they dont get injured and risk wembley>?

Not a decent challenge all night

Even that lunatic and silent assassin Mohsni looked like he would rather be trainspotting than playing football

Do the players read these Forums ?

Last nights performance was a joke with a total lack of effort by ALL including the management

Are they just going through the motions in the hope they dont get injured and risk wembley>?

Not a decent challenge all night

Even that lunatic and silent assassin Mohsni looked like he would rather be trainspotting than playing football

Do the players read these Forums ?

have to agree even cresswell was bossed all game and that just does not happen, but that mohsni one i dont think is right. He was the only one with passion and ran to challange and win the ball back

I dont think its that at all, if you have played football at this sort of level then you know the best way to get injured is to try to hold back in tackles. The only times over the last few years that I have known the team play in this manner ( cant be bothered ) is when they have not been paid on time or due to off field problems like next mondays visit to the courts, It could be this is the reason.

. He was the only one with passion and ran to challange and win the ball back

i'm sorry, but you must have been watching a different game to many of us. In a 'typical Mohsni performance ' you expect to see a yellow card, or a tackle that might demand a yellow card, lots of moaning from the opposition for being bundled of the ball and lots of tackles. I saw one full hearted challenge all match (second half just outside 18 yard box in front of W block) - and that was it. I didn't see any 'passion' from him, and I REALLY want him to succeed here

i'm sorry, but you must have been watching a different game to many of us. In a 'typical Mohsni performance ' you expect to see a yellow card, or a tackle that might demand a yellow card, lots of moaning from the opposition for being bundled of the ball and lots of tackles. I saw one full hearted challenge all match (second half just outside 18 yard box in front of W block) - and that was it. I didn't see any 'passion' from him, and I REALLY want him to succeed here

if that were the case he probably stuck out for me because he might have been bad but the rest were just awful so maybe it was out of perspective of the whole game and team. Either way we were diabolicle and frankly embarrasing

There are more than a few mental issues going on with the squad.
1.Wembley on the horizon so they are thinking too much on that.(suspension/injury)
2. Squad depleted so worries again on suspension/injury.
3.Bilel is probably not everyone's team "mate" and some are showing that.
4.PS is soon out of contract and nothing has been said publicly about this.
5.lots of players are coming to end of contract and getting late injuries like JPK and Dicko got as a contract expires isn't inspiring.
6.Are they being paid?
7. They may have had a short midweek break but a lot of games have been played.
8.lots of players playing out of position.

Probably a few more issues going on as well.

Why are people so anti Mohsni? On Tuesday he won every challenge he competed for, never gave the ball away (other 'more skilfull' players take note) and worked tirelessly at the back, midfield and, at the end, up front.
I can't believe the general moaning and finger pointing on this forum. When things aren't going well, that is the time to get behind the team and encourage them even more, not get on their backs and begin talk of sacking people. Come on shrimpers, keep the faith until promotion is mathematically impossible!
P.S. I hope the man swearing at the top of his voice near the back of the West Stand on Tuesday night is proud of himself. A great example to the children who watch from there. I was ashamed to be part of the same crowd.

They know the league challenge is over. Crowds for the remaining home games will be non existent i'd imagine.

How about they run around like half hearted headless chickens because they are fed up with the way they are sent out to play and the team is as conscious of the bizarre management as the fans are? If you are a player that yearns for promotion but can see it slipping away because your gaffer tells you to do what is clearly wrong, would you not find your performance level affected?

I think it was, I said this during the game that this was more than likely the case, well in my opinion anyway. It's definately taken their mind of the league though thats for sure.

Why are people so anti Mohsni? On Tuesday he won every challenge he competed for, never gave the ball away (other 'more skilfull' players take note) and worked tirelessly at the back, midfield and, at the end, up front.
I can't believe the general moaning and finger pointing on this forum. When things aren't going well, that is the time to get behind the team and encourage them even more, not get on their backs and begin talk of sacking people. Come on shrimpers, keep the faith until promotion is mathematically impossible!
P.S. I hope the man swearing at the top of his voice near the back of the West Stand on Tuesday night is proud of himself. A great example to the children who watch from there. I was ashamed to be part of the same crowd.
:smile:
Some people are anti him because he got sent off for 2 harsh yellows at Oldham last year; both when making genuine tackle attempts, the same people state that cost us the liverpool tie/money/glory etc. We likely would have lost as 11 v 11 but .....
then he has a personality that others (including players) can be grating and weary after a time.
And he has more skill than most so he takes their potential place.
He is French.
And lastly they haven't thought how they would feel if offered mucho £ and a contract at Prem Club (worse it was Wet Spam) and the club (RM) stopped it happening.
Question answered? And a few other reasons too I expect.

This is what I think for what its worth
1 No coincidence that team bond has all but gone since Mohsni returned
2 Some players may not want to get promoted as they would lose their jobs as not being good enough for the division above
3 Some are probably pi$$ed off when loan players are brought in and played instead of them.
4 No coincidence that some are worried about getting injured for Wembley
5 Some really awful management decisions / tactics are costing us.
6 Some may be fed up that a defender and out of form striker are preferred to one of the proven strikers waiting for a chance and who are sitting on the bench!

Point taken (iloveshrimp) but if some of the players dont want promotion because they feel they would lose their job , then they deserve to lose it whether or not we get promoted.I agree perhaps they afraid to get injured for fear of missing out on Wembley, but if thats the case i would drop them for the JPT final, play those that are willing to give their all no matter what.As for Mohsni im a fan ,wish we had a few more like him in the team.Yes reading the threads seems like some strange management and tactical decisions are made ,moreso for the home matches than away .I also think not so much a defender being used in attack but loanees ,before proven strikers sitting on the bench, especialy when one gets injured they bring another in ( Lavery) even though during his spell here he didnt get much on field time, must have been a downer to the likes of Eastwood and Harris moreso than Corr has he had some game time.

For most of the players at this level they are going to get one shot at Wembley if they are lucky. So I dont really blame them for not wanting to sit it out injured. If you take Timlin I wonder how gutted he is going to be knowing he is a nailed on starter if fit.

Cant really blame them, most of the players at our level live normal lives and have the same hope, dreams and worries as we do - Wembley is the pinnacle of most of there careers so who would want to miss that. I think for Hurst, Cresswell, Britt etc that just have to stay fit to be sure of a start the tempation must be there to not go in 100%

Back