• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are we close to the edge once more?

Are we close to the edge?

• Total voters
Lower league football clubs are becoming less and less attractive to potential buyers as the years pass. The Premier League is asset stripping the lower leagues at pace, effectively pulling up the ladder. Disparity of wealth between the divisions, parachute payments, EPPP, the scrapping of cup replays, it's all to ensure that the top level remains a closed shop. A few years ago a buyer might have held dreams of taking a community club up the leagues. Now, it's just pouring money into a black hole.

People always assume a wealthy buyer is waiting in the wings. That is less and less likely to be the case with every year that passes.
The scrapping of cup replays is to me scandalous. No doubt in a few years the EPL Will look to expand the rule. The FA should have dug their heels in. This was a great opportunity to tell the EPL to **** off, and to have most supporters on your side.
Re this week- if Liverpool don’t want to put out their 1st eam - **** them The FA needs to grow some bollocks and slap them with the highest possible sanctions available. Preferably points reduction or multi million pound fine and throw them out for next year.
They are breaking the rules, Klopp knew the rules.
This is something where the FA can have the upper hand on the EPL- they need to do so , and also drop the nice language. This is a massive massive deal in my opinion. And if nothing is done the EPL AGAIN sees that it can treat the FA any way it feels
anyway, slightly off topic , rant over.

Not quite

But can you imagine how we would feel if somehow we had a cup run ( I know, difficult to imagine) , and after a draw at roots hall after 90 mins we didn’t get the replay at Liverpool, Man U etc. And if we did they fielded their second team.
I love the fact that when we drew against “the champions of Europe” it was their first team, even against Man U I love the fact Romney and Ronald played the whole game., and Chelsea put out a strong team. It It made drawing/winning so much more meaningful

Last edited:
I love the fact that when we drew against “the champions of Europe” it was their first team, even against Man U I love the fact Romney and Ronald played the whole game., and Chelsea put out a strong team. It It made drawing/winning so much more meaningful

"Romney and Ronald" - brilliant! :ROFL:

I absolutely agree though, I can't remember being so cross about something in football as I was with Klopp yesterday. The whole of the lower leagues should be rooting for Shrewsbury in the replay.

"Romney and Ronald" - brilliant! :ROFL:

I absolutely agree though, I can't remember being so cross about something in football as I was with Klopp yesterday. The whole of the lower leagues should be rooting for Shrewsbury in the replay.

Not me I have 6 Liverpool playing in my Telegraph fantasy football and FA cup games count:Cool:

i know but if knocked out, I lose my players , selfish ******* I am :ROFL:

I do agree Klopp should be hanging his head in shame, Im surprised Liverpool fans not up in arms over the decision
I'm not. Mr Dentures can do no wrong in their mind......

In fairness, given their form these days, you've got to say he's struggling to do anything wrong.
He is totally wrong this time, and the language he is using is very clever And trying to twist everything AND TOTALLY WRONG.
The EPL AND Liverpool ( and every other prem team)agreed to these rules.

AND they are getting a winter break for the first time, it’s just 11 days and not 15.

If you are worried about player burn out then stop all the preseason/ mid season tours

Another nail in the coffin for the FA and FA cup and even more reason for lower league supporters to despise the EPL ( and the FA who threw it all away in the dust place Bert ( kin useless short sighted) Millerchip.

And while I am there- Gary lineker can duck off as well. Uneducated ****
Accrington chairman- well done, Ron should follow his example as should every lower league club

He is totally wrong this time, and the language he is using is very clever And trying to twist everything AND TOTALLY WRONG.
The EPL AND Liverpool ( and every other prem team)agreed to these rules.

AND they are getting a winter break for the first time, it’s just 11 days and not 15.

If you are worried about player burn out then stop all the preseason/ mid season tours

Another nail in the coffin for the FA and FA cup and even more reason for lower league supporters to despise the EPL ( and the FA who threw it all away in the dust place Bert ( kin useless short sighted) Millerchip.

And while I am there- Gary lineker can duck off as well. Uneducated ****
Accrington chairman- well done, Ron should follow his example as should every lower league club

I was being facetious...

Back