• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are we just a "panting puppy" these days?

All about the dollar mate, Cameron bends for anyone with a few quid.

Lets ignore the dying British steel industry and the thousands being thrown on the scrap heap, let buy cheap Chinese steel!

I just read the headline on this BBC article:

BBC

and was trying to work out what ceremonial welcome he was given. Was it the one where someone tells him he can't park his aeroplane there, and gives him a ticket. Or was it the one where someone nicks the wheels? Or maybe even the one where the cab driver doesn't shut up and then overcharges him.

Lets ignore the dying British steel industry and the thousands being thrown on the scrap heap, let buy cheap Chinese steel!

Yeah, right on. Let's also ignore the fact that the World Trade Organisation and the European Commission have been allowing the Chinese to flood the steel market for years and have ignored the fair trade agreements that have caused the global collapse of every other steel producing country. Yeah, let's blame the Tories for everything. It makes things so much easier.

A little surprising that the BBC chose to offer up that headline, it's not something they normally do.

Question MK. Do you buy any cheap stuff or do you always shop for British goods?

It is a complex trading world BUT we do seem hell bent on a few "own goals" with an approach all about short term posturing and sod the long term damage being caused.
Nationally and individually WE MUST do more for ourselves.

Question MK. Do you buy any cheap stuff or do you always shop for British goods?

Do we get the chance? Hardly anything is made here anymore. But me buying a cheap blender or a new dolly for MK Jnr is slightly different from billions of pounds of steel and employment for thousands.

Do we get the chance? Hardly anything is made here anymore. But me buying a cheap blender or a new dolly for MK Jnr is slightly different from billions of pounds of steel and employment for thousands.

Same thing on a different scale.
If a fim who use steel in their product buy at an uncompetitive price their product will be dearer than the competition. The wont sell anything, they wont be able to employ people, so to compete they need to best at the most competitive price and if China is the answer that's what has to happen.

This wont change until the Chinese worker realises you don't have to work 80 hours a week for 4 bags of rice, but I suppose the first ones who object will be shot.

Remember when everything cheap had a Made in Japan sticker on it? Japan these days makes quality products but they aren't in the low price market any more. Chine will follow but its a long was away yet.

I thought he had moved on from the IRA. How are Hamas on human rights?

As Corbyn is mates with them, that question is irrelevant. Now if it was Cameron, that would be different. There's standards and then there are standards, know what I mean?

See that Cameron's former advisor Steve Hilton thinks that ******* up to China is a national humiliation and we should be considering sactions, not trade.

They are a "rogue state" on a par with Iran.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ional-humiliation-former-adviser-steve-hilton

I wonder what Obama, and the rest of America thinks as well in doing deals with a communist state? I would have thought you Tories would have thought Corbyn would keep flying the red flag, but no it's Dangerous Dave. That noise I can hear is probably Maggie turning in her lead lined grave.

See that even Cameron's ex-Spad thinks Britain is "******* up to China."

http://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ional-humiliation-former-adviser-steve-hilton

He made these comments on Newsnight last night.

Back