• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sugarhut

Banned
Afternoon lads,

Had a big of a barney in the boozer last night with a some muggy Leicester City.

It all started off civilized, bit of banter over water-down lager, fruity's and brass, but after returning from the khazi, the soppy mug started giving it large - calling Southend tin pot.

I told this geezer "don't get lemon, it don't suit ya" - he soon retracted his tin pot statement went I threatened to clock him over his nut with a cricket bat.

Anyway, my question is; did this northern mug have a point? Are we tin pot?

Afternoon lads,

Had a big of a barney in the boozer last night with a some muggy Leicester City.

It all started off civilized, bit of banter over water-down lager, fruity's and brass, but after returning from the khazi, the soppy mug started giving it large - calling Southend tin pot.

I told this geezer "don't get lemon, it don't suit ya" - he soon retracted his tin pot statement went I threatened to clock him over his nut with a cricket bat.

You've watched football factory too many times and you have a shocking username

I ordinarily consider teams like Crawley, Fleetwood and Burton teams as tin pot. Always non-league then got a bit of cash behind them fella. But I must concede compared to Leicester we probably are tin pot :(

you have a shocking username

Bit harsh fella.

I will change it once the Grand Hotel is renamed. Can't wait to have it large in that gaff

Since When has Leicester been Northern ???

We were playing them in the league about 10 years ago, We may be a bit below them at the moment and have less of a history than them but we are certainly not Tin Pot in comparison .

Anything north of my manor is northern fella. This chap was a typical northern mug, you could sense poverty.

a bit below them at the moment and have less of a history

IMO fella, we have the potential to be PL champions within 10 years, we just need a bit of investment, the whole of Essex would be cheering on the mighty Shrimpers. Leicester may have won the league, but they're still complete mugs and have to live up north in a city that resembles the most povvo place in India.

Anything north of my manor is northern fella. This chap was a typical northern mug, you could sense poverty.

a bit below them at the moment and have less of a history

IMO fella, we have the potential to be PL champions within 10 years, we just need a bit of investment, the whole of Essex would be cheering on the mighty Shrimpers. Leicester may have won the league, but they're still complete mugs and have to live up north in a city that resembles the most povvo place in India.

Are you for real or have you just dropped by to slag Leicester off. If it's just Leicester, why not join one of their message boards and tell them how you feel. Leicester is in the Midlands by the way and nothing can geographically change that.

give it a rest granddad, don't need a lecturing from some soppy - closet Leicester fan.

I am an Essex boy, blue and proud, nicking birds and drinking beer.

Afternoon lads,

Are you sure by "we" you don't mean someone like Brighton?

Since When has Leicester been Northern ???

We were playing them in the league about 10 years ago, We may be a bit below them at the moment and have less of a history than them but we are certainly not Tin Pot in comparison .

i remember them winning promotion from the third division (whatever it was called that season) at Roots Hall and im sure it wasnt even 10 years ago. We also played them a few times when we was in the second division.
But Man Utd fans would call them tin pot just like we call Burton or Col U tin pot, thats the way it goes if you get a few more fans through the gate I suppose.
I do however think this thread with its definite Danny Dyer overtones sounds a bit tongue in cheek by Sugarhut, are you really a Shrimper I wonder? :winking:

give it a rest granddad, don't need a lecturing from some soppy - closet Leicester fan.

I am an Essex boy, blue and proud, nicking birds and drinking beer.

soppy-closet Leicester fan? Wow, great put down. Thanks for the feedback.

Like a lot of people, I feel they are Up North, IMO anything past Watford M1 is North, Luton = Northern

Afternoon lads,

Don't sound lite e ad much goin on in the bonce department. Give it large back my ol son. They don't like it up em, dem coal miners. After all, jealousy innit, they all wanna be Essex boys, lite.

Afternoon lads,

Finally, a refreshing post. Something that takes away from the ignominy of the off season on this message board.

Sounds to me that he got the 'ump just because his boys lost to Barcelona 4-2.

He didn't have a point and to some we are tin pot and to others more titanium. What a great song that is by the way. Does it ever get played in the Sugar Hut?

I am a very patient man, you can have it off with my Mrs, you can bully my kids, you can even call out my mother, I will forgive and forget.

But, I draw the line at my loyalty for Phil and the boys being questioned.

Well said fella. Don't need no tin pot Geography degree to know that Leicester is up north.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back