• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Are you a Shrimpers Trust member? Join up Now!

Are you a Shrimpers Trust member?

• Yes

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • No

Votes: 68 42.2%

• Total voters
It's all about personal choice Kerry and by the sound of things you have already chosen your path. Many on here have expressed a view on their reasons for joining which are open to everyone to see and I don't think anyone has mentioned ousting Ron on this thread. So the choice is yours as always.

For what it's worth, I joined because I wanted to be part of a supporters organisation which had some sort of input into the Club and was recognised by the Club as such. I'm not aware of any other organisation of Southend supporters that has that hook.

Whilst I don't agree with your last paragraph, after some private emails between myself and a Trust Committee Member....

....I've joined the Trust!

Just out of interest and being nosey, how many on this board are also Trust members. No need for long reasons why or why not, just a yes or no will do for now. I'm a member by the way.

Maybe, if this gets a head of steam up we could then move on to whys or why nots, as it seems to me that we all need to be on the same page at the moment if we are to support the club in it's hour of need.
Life Member

My Dad was always a member of the old supporters' club and I have thought about joining the Trust over the years but, as others have said, just didn't get around to it. This thread has finally pushed me into action and I have now joined. Having been a Shrimper since the 1950's I am seriously worried about the future of our club.

However i do think (my opinion), The trust, don't like to confront the club on things that really matter. Don't know if that is true, but that's the impression i get, as it seems in that way the Trust are just ignored, and it sometimes falls to other's to try or even get it done, which i accept is a very hard job. Yes i know a lot have full time job's etc.
However my final comment is, it appears to me say Orient supporters went down dare i say it a tougher/harder approach with there club.

I've already said in the post you quoted that, if you joined, you would see the Minutes of Meetings which would prove that we do ask those question.

This is a common misperception.

Yesterday evening the Shrimpers Trust held a Board meeting at which the future of the club was discussed at length.

We agreed an action plan with some key positive steps agreed, and this will now urgently be considered with Ron Martin. We are mindful of the need to act quickly and will be looking to communicate more in the coming days.

Meanwhile, we are immensely encouraged by the significant increase in new members coming to the Trust in recent days and we would like to thank you all as well as those of you who are existing members or in the process of renewing your subscription.

Without your support we could not do what we do which is to act in the best interests of all for the future of the football club that we all love.

Yesterday evening the Shrimpers Trust held a Board meeting at which the future of the club was discussed at length.

We agreed an action plan with some key positive steps agreed, and this will now urgently be considered with Ron Martin. We are mindful of the need to act quickly and will be looking to communicate more in the coming days.

Meanwhile, we are immensely encouraged by the significant increase in new members coming to the Trust in recent days and we would like to thank you all as well as those of you who are existing members or in the process of renewing your subscription.

Without your support we could not do what we do which is to act in the best interests of all for the future of the football club that we all love.
That is important to meet with the board & the chairman as we need to know what the hell is going on. Otherwise RM wouldn’t be in an situation where an protests is planned at 4.45pm on Saturday 26th, facing an wall of hates as he drive out of the car park.

Cqn we know what the action plan is?

As someone who parted with a large sum to help keep the club afloat, at the time of Rons , share offer plan, forgive me if I worry a little about any offers of funding in the direction of the , lets just say Ron, rather than the other range of rather unpleasant adjectives I had just held back from adding to his Christian name, when I think of money and our Chairman
I am sure the Trust too has been through much of this before and assume will be a little wary of the financial handshake?

No idea how many Southend fans there are, in all I mean around the world, who if they were convinced it would make a real difference would give £100 to the club. (Via the Trust) I appreciate we are in awful times financially but I reckon there is a lot of financial support out there waiting to be tapped. Just a thought.

Back