• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Are You in Favour of a Truce as per SVC

Do SZ members agree with Stan to cease protests asap ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

CanveyCastle

Convicted Hitman
Stan said about all fans' group uniting to hold a truce to protests.

I don't think I have seen any "official SZ" poll.

If this is deemed irrelevant please delete

If we think Ron can be outed by going on the pitch with banners every game then we're just plain wrong.

Other clubs can be mentioned as "oh it worked here", but how many of those owners were sitting on a pile of wealth just waiting for it to be approved by the council? Ron has everything to lose by leaving, so he won't before FF is approved.

The main issue people have with Ron is he has made a multitude of bad decisions that has led us to where we are now. These problems really set in once he was the only one making the decisions (once Steve Kav left). Now we have Tom, Stan and Gary Lockett (not sure if he's been involved in manager hiring before), Ron isn't the only one making them, and we can therefore hope the decisions will be better, as Stan is a football guy and Tom has worked in a CEO role in a football club before.

Ron, despite owning a club for 20 odd years, is still a property guy. He isn't a football guy (certainly not compared to someone like Stan).

We need to cease protest to give a new manager a chance.

Also I would encourage us to protest outside the ground from now on, target Ron when he turns up to games or something.

The players and new management will need all the backing they can get to arrest our slide.

We have got rid of the main problem for the minute…..Mr Clueless outdated Brown.
Ron has accepted Stans fantastic support so for the minute this is imo far better news than washed up Phil being appointed as manager for the start of the season….terrible choice for manager but at least it wasn’t M.M.
Why under the circumstances would we upset the new apple cart with this potential fresh air approach starting today…..unfortunately there are a lot of young social media thicko’s that want there minute of fame having consumed half a lager?

There should be an option that says “cease until stadium planning decision is known”
if the outcome is negative then resume activities
if it’s positive hold off

Let's accept it's not Martin Out and it's Martin Needs To Accept Help.

Let's be honest, yes we've had some torrid times over the last few years, but we've also enjoyed some highs, including getting to 3 League Trophy Finals, winning 2 Play Offs, 1 Title Win in League One, which was a tough league that season, and the ultimate high of beating Man Utd. Those seasons gave me personally some of the best days of my life being there and being on that journey, and that came from the top appointing the right people below.

Yes, we cant rest our future on the past, but maybe we just need to get the right staffing in the key positions, which has been wrong and press that reset button.

I have no problems with anyone protesting at all, but Stan is correct in the sense, that once a new manager is appointed they need no distractions at all from their objective of lifting and motivating the team and improving the atmosphere in the stadium and at the club in general.

I think Ron knows he is in the last chance saloon with most fans so hopefully he will listen this time.
Hopefully Stan can change the thinking of Ron and with that, a better chairman COULD emerge.

New manager should be given a chance to succeed without having to deal with fans stopping play. Protests should be allowed continue against Ron without any disruption to the playing staff whatsoever.

In the current climate I think people need to individually consider the following simple statement before undertaking any action:

"Am I, by my actions, actually helping SUFC to succeed or am I being detrimental to their success"?

If I'm honest, the poll didn't have an option for me, so I went for no, until changes are made.

1) The protests are aimed at Martin out, is that likely to happen anytime soon? Not a chance.
2) Is it the right of every person to protest against something they believe in, within the constriants of the law? Absolutely.
3) I haven't watched the Zoom meeting, but what I'm understanding from other posts, any protests should go through some sort of committee. Forgive me if I'm wrong on this and I apologise if I am. However, if this is correct, what's it got to do with supporters groups to dictate this given right as a human being as long as it's within the constraints of the law.

I could be totally wrong on my 3rd point so (again) my apolagies.

for me the value of protesting (albeit that i think it shouldn't happen during games) is less about 'Martin Out' - because we can't make that happen and actually neither can he without a buyer - and more about saying 'there are elements of how you're running the club which we can't tolerate as fans anymore'. So if there were an option on the poll, i'd have voted for 'yes, give the new regime a chance unless and until RM does something that undermines the different we're looking for'

so that could be something like:
- reneging on committments to SVC
- significantly undermining the CEO's role
- more idiocy like his trip to see the away support at Solihull

If I'm honest, the poll didn't have an option for me, so I went for no, until changes are made.

1) The protests are aimed at Martin out, is that likely to happen anytime soon? Not a chance.
2) Is it the right of every person to protest against something they believe in, within the constriants of the law? Absolutely.
3) I haven't watched the Zoom meeting, but what I'm understanding from other posts, any protests should go through some sort of committee. Forgive me if I'm wrong on this and I apologise if I am. However, if this is correct, what's it got to do with supporters groups to dictate this given right as a human being as long as it's within the constraints of the law.

I could be totally wrong on my 3rd point so (again) my apolagies.
You’re wrong. I suggest you try watching the zoom meeting.

If the route of not protesting is to be taken then official supporters groups need to issue a statement to the effect of accepting a cease in protests until such time as they are considered appropriate again.

I appreciate they all claim to have had nothing to do with the current protests but I’m pretty sure they must have some influence on those that are responsible.

We need to up the protests to get Ron out. Time is his friend, not ours. The longer he keeps us at bay the lesser the passion they’ll be among us for opposing him.

We need to up the protests to get Ron out. Time is his friend, not ours. The longer he keeps us at bay the lesser the passion they’ll be among us for opposing him.
The quickest and most efficient way to get Ron out would be to write a letter to Southend Borough Council in support of the new stadium.

Somehow I don't think the protesters will see that as a particularly fashionable way of achieving their end game.

The quickest and most efficient way to get Ron out would be to write a letter to Southend Borough Council in support of the new stadium.

Somehow I don't think the protesters will see that as a particularly fashionable way of achieving their end game.
Not many bothered going on the council portal and making positive support either.
I guess it isn't as exciting to state " I posted my support on the council planning .....etc" as it is to proclaim running on the pitch and fffing at stewards.

Not many bothered going on the council portal and making positive support either.
I guess it isn't as exciting to state " I posted my support on the council planning .....etc" as it is to proclaim running on the pitch and fffing at stewards.

the thing about running on the pitch with a big Martin out banner is that is makes great pictures/images that are widely shared on social media and even make the BBC website and many others ...

the whole football supporting community knows that we are another club is the ****e and knows the name of the man we hold responsible ...

running on the pitch with a big banner has achieved a lot - very quickly

Back