• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Are you missing the football yet?

Options

• Total voters

DTS

The Business
Must be about a month or so since the football finished - probably more.

Have you got withdrawl symptoms yet or not? What other exciting hobbies have you taken up to replace the Blues.

Personally not really missed it that much as been having good times with the family and mates. That said sure come August will be well glad to get back to Roots Hall.

managed to keep myself occupied reasonably well, playing footie, watching cricket in Southchurch Park, pub etc but as Dave said as the new season approches I'll be very much looking forward to getting back in to the Saturday football routine.

TBH more worried than hopefukl about the new season. Lack of signings could be a major issue. Would feel more relaxed knowing we had some new blood coming in.

Signed-- nervous shrimper

Not really missed it at all to be honest and have managed to get loads of stuff done instead of going to footy and also not spending a fortune going to away games has helped the budget somewhat. Having said that i reckon it may be time to get into some serious training as come the first week in August i think me and a few others on here may actually be playing for SUFC when Tilly realises that we only have 9 players and 3 of them are keepers.

Summer always provides a blessed relief from the trials of supporting Southend - cricket and rugby league (ducks for cover), a new job and a stag trip to Amsterdam have all kept me nicely occupied.

Come the start of August I'll be raring to get back to Roots Hall but I'm not missing football at all at the moment.

With the World T20, The U21 C'ships and the Confederations Cup I've been a little preoccupied with the sport on show. With Wimbledon starting this week and The Ashes starting in a fortnight, There's still a fair amount of sport on show.

That said, it's difficult to build anticipation for the new season when we're drastically short on defensive options and there's no sign of reinforcements.

Not in the slightest, been enjoying the cricket, and with the Ashes to start in a couple of weeks, the Lions tour etc. There's plenty to think about before August.

Yesterday afternoon I was looking through all the Southend Chelsea videos and realised how much I'm missing the football.

All...how many have you got?

I think it's more about missing the routine that the football itself, For 35/40 weeks of the year, your routine is virtually the same, be it home or away, but for those weeks in the close season, yes you can still watch some football, U21 etc, but the routine isn't there.

I've been missing actually going to the football big time. For me, if Southend are away and I can't make it, then I go and watch one of my brothers play locally and watch the scores come through afterwards.

Obviously the Under 21's and the Confederations Cup is satisfing my thirst for football but I miss out on being at a live game.

Can't wait for the Ashes to roll round though, thats gonna be epic.

Means I can spend Saturday afternoons with my girlfriend instead of the fat old bloke next to me at Roots Hall!
Saying that I can't say I haven't wanted to go and watch a proper game of footy at the Hall!

I was already having withdrawal symptoms two weeks after our final game. I now spend my Saturdays curled up in my bedroom rocking backwards and forwards.

Nicely, cricket is both days of a weekend :)

I echo the excitement of the ashes BW2! Cannot wait!

Am starting to miss it though, and still excited for next season!

When you are humming "When Southend United Come Out To Play Sing Up, Sing Up..." on a repetitive loop in your head, then you really know how much your missing your beloved team play football.

Back