• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Scribe

Whilst appreciating the frustration that is expressed upon this board I do have to wonder just how many people here are really Blues supporters. Many claim, especially when having a go at Ron, to love the club and yet they are finding excuses not to go to games. Weddings and such are obviously outside of scope but supporting a club is not just about wearing the badge when we win, its also about being there to cheer them on when things are going badly too. Accepted we've been in the doldrums for a long time now but that is just when supporting a club really counts. Of course its hard, its certainly not fun watch them lose to Morecambe or any other club for that matter. But thats part of the point I'm attempting to make. Are you really Blues supporters or are you just tagging along for the victory parades ?

I can't go to that many games unfortunately due to distance, work and revenue hurdles, but I like to think of myself as a :support:despite what has happened to people dear to this club. Ron Martin's recent shenanigans have hit home support hard - but I see a lot of great support on this board, people supporting from far & wide when they can & lots of Southenders travelling all over the country. I think we are a very well-supported club - with a solid core of support - and I think we should respect that as there are many fans who've every right to feel frustrated at what's gone on. Love Southend - but be wary of 'developers.'

Christ, I live 80+ miles away, money is super tight and I follow my club that I've supported since I was 11 the best way that I can which means infrequent visits. SUFC has had plenty of dosh out of me over the years thankyou very much.

Unsurprisingly people get frustrated when the club they support and pay their hard earned money to watch every other Saturday lose and put on a pretty woeful performance. Why isn't someone a fan because they voice their opinions on a forum!? Go look up the meaning of the word.

Whilst appreciating the frustration that is expressed upon this board I do have to wonder just how many people here are really Blues supporters. Many claim, especially when having a go at Ron, to love the club and yet they are finding excuses not to go to games. Weddings and such are obviously outside of scope but supporting a club is not just about wearing the badge when we win, its also about being there to cheer them on when things are going badly too. Accepted we've been in the doldrums for a long time now but that is just when supporting a club really counts. Of course its hard, its certainly not fun watch them lose to Morecambe or any other club for that matter. But thats part of the point I'm attempting to make. Are you really Blues supporters or are you just tagging along for the victory parades ?

Been in the doldrums for a long time? The last year has been shockingly bad but we were doing Ok before it all came crashing down.

Quite honestly this is patronising claptrap. Having supported my beloved team since 1958 through thick and thin all over the country i do take exception to an upstart telling me I should stay with them through the bad times etc. Wait until you have experienced a few more bad times before you start pontificating to others.

Quite honestly this is patronising claptrap. Having supported my beloved team since 1958 through thick and thin all over the country i do take exception to an upstart telling me I should stay with them through the bad times etc. Wait until you have experienced a few more bad times before you start pontificating to others.

What he said apart from the 1958 bit. I was T-13 years old then.

I have my season ticket, arrange the shifts at work so can always et to games...I am a loyal supporter.
ha ha thought you might be, despite my name i have supported southend home and away for 27 years and have been a season ticket holder for a number of years as well as being a shareholder and life long shrimpers trust member and live and breathe southend football club and will continue to do so through good and bad times.

ha ha thought you might be, despite my name i have supported southend home and away for 27 years and have been a season ticket holder for a number of years as well as being a shareholder and life long shrimpers trust member and live and breathe southend football club and will continue to do so through good and bad times.

Really not taking the pee, but why do you have Tottenham as part of your username?

I'm actually loving being back in the Old Division 4.

Reminds me of the good old days when I started following the Shrimpers.

Oh those trips to Gay Meadow, Aggborough, Field Mill, Underhill, plus various other schite holes.

Football at its best :)

Really not taking the pee, but why do you have Tottenham as part of your username?

coz i have been a spurs supporter for 33 years but southend will always come first, when we played spurs in the cups a few years ago i never even thought of going in the spurs end as ive only ever wanted southend to win whoever they are up against, hope that answers that mate.

coz i have been a spurs supporter for 33 years but southend will always come first, when we played spurs in the cups a few years ago i never even thought of going in the spurs end as ive only ever wanted southend to win whoever they are up against, hope that answers that mate.

Fair play and thanks for answering

I don't think you can claim to be a supporter unless you have had two or three marriages destroyed by a selfish dedication to all things Southend United.

I've had it now, have lost enthusiasm completely; don't really care if that defines me as a non supporter. Have decided to use this season as an introduction to football for my eldest boy. Hope the poor sod forgives me in later years.

patronizing thread.....with all the crap thats happening at the club, I get some upstart questioning my commitment to the club....

I dont care if someone goes to one game, and another goes every week....Everyone supports the club in the best way they can and I think in these dark times we should respect going to just ONE game under this shambolic regime.....

Just tagging along for those victory parades, oh i cannot wait for the next one but of course i shall be staying away until then :support:

Back