• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

ARSEna

MK Shrimper

Striker
How had Wenger not be sacked? 8 years without a trophy, beaten by Blackburn & Bradford. He must be the most teflon coated manager in the world.

If I was a gooner (and thank god I'm not) I'd be holding my head in my hands and wondering why.

How had Wenger not be sacked? 8 years without a trophy, beaten by Blackburn & Bradford. He must be the most teflon coated manager in the world.

If I was a gooner (and thank god I'm not) I'd be holding my head in my hands and wondering why.
Doing a great job long my he continue:smile:

I think his contract ends at the end of this season, last I can see is he signed a 3 year deal in August 2010.

My take on it is that the Arsenal board made a decision with the new stadium to just tick things over for X amount of years to repay it asap.

The stadium I believe is now almost paid for and Ive always thought they would start spending when it was done, and rumours of a 70 million warchest next year seem to tie in with this.

Something needs to change there though as their current policy is seeing them fall further behind.

Wenger isnt blameless though, buying mediocre players like Chamakh, Bendteer and Santos and then signing them on big salaries on long term contracts has lumbered them with a wage bill that doesnt match the quality of the squad.

Seeing him in that press conference you do have to wonder if his tenure is coming to an end though.

He was never going to win the league with the likes of Chelsea and Man city spending over a billion between them, but should have picked up some cups. Thats what is the strange thing, he has treated cups like nice to haves, when they were the trophies they could have actually won.

Thing is MK, how many managers will never win a trophy, let alone 8 years without one. He is probably after Fergie, still the most successful manager in the division.

Back