• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Arsenal midfielder James Olayinka suffers ankle ligament damage on loan with Southend United

This is my fault. I stated on here that our luck appeared to have changed where serious injuries to key players was concerned. One day I'll learn..:Facepalm:

The only saving grace is we’ve found out about this injury whilst the transfer window is still open. Olayinka was for sure a key player as he was one of our main goal threats so this is a big blow to lose him. Hopefully MM and his team can unearth a replacement. I still think a striker is a priority but this would be a close second.

Dangerous tackling is fine, it's harsh language that can ruin someone's career more, so good to see the refs targeting that more!!!

What by swearing at our players and not engaging in a conversation?

But big blow. Hopefully we can source a replacement.

Big blow for the lad.
Streets ahead of anything we had IMO.
I assume those booking play off coaches are having a rethink now ?

Was it at Mansfield, after he scored, where his run of injuries started? Well deserving of goal of the month and would like to see what we do about him come the summer if we have the budget and are an interesting enough prospect...

He played really well for us and his goals alone got us results but he was poor against borient and not quite as good ever since.

He played really well for us and his goals alone got us results but he was poor against borient and not quite as good ever since.

That’s ok then , one of our large crop of young , talented , attacking midfielders with a good engine and an eye for goal will pick up the slack.

Is this the last wee see of him?. His loan ends in less than a week but could it be extended so that he could come back after treatment or is his injury a season ender?

Well this is time to allow Michael Klass or Harry Phillips the chance to show us what they can do. They are not kids anymore , at 22 we need to play them or off load them. I personally think they both can make it at this level given the chance. To play defensive midfielders Dieng , Demetriou, Taylor or McCormack in the number 10 role would be a huge mistake.

If we need to buy just 1 more player it absolutely has to be a big striker - i've been saying it ever since Tom Hopper left & what a gaping hole he left. Without doubt this is the most important area of the pitch & exactly where we fall down. Yes Akinola is an exceptional talent but would be far better off alongside a proper good target man . Of which the sluggish Acquah is not . Halford can do it for the last 20 minutes , Richard Taylor a similar time if need be , but we need to make their oppo's defence be on the back foot. From what ive seen neither Loui Walsh , ANG or RHF can do it as they all dont like to play down the middle .

Back