• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Arsene Wenger

MK Shrimper

Striker
Chances of him being replaced/sacked/resigning before the start of next season? Pretty good I reckon, another season, no trophies and we all know how callous Premer$hite chairmen are.

I very much doubt it, they are a young team and aren't far away from winning trophies need to sort out their defence though.

I would be suprised to see him replaced, one more season, maybe, he's already been given a reported 50 million pounds for the summer, now that Stadium costs/moving from highbury aren't so bad, and the income is better..

But I do think this season is make or break, if he spends that money wisely, mixed with the talent they already have, I believe and I think the people in charge at Arsenal believe that they can start challenging realistically now.

I've just come back from a mates house where I watched this and was listening to Call Collymore. He was talking about exactly the same thing and I think Arsenal would be mugs to get shot of Wenger. The guy is an Arsenal legend and one of the greatest managers they have ever had.

His up against two teams that can easily outspend them in Man Utd and Chelsea, and his gone about it in his own way in putting faith in the amazing youth set up they have there. Just look at their Carling Cup team against Sheff Utd earlier on in the season, and their performance against a full strength Wigan side in the next round. The future at that Club is incredibly bright.

This season they have had players like Adebayor and Fabregas injured for long spells, as well as Walcott, Clichy, Gallas and to be 4th in the Premiership and reach two semi-finals is brilliant.

Not an Arsenal fan in the slightest but I'd be disappointed if they got rid of Wenger.

I think it's time for Wenger to leave Arsenal. I don't think they've won anything since the FA Cup in 2005 and aren't challenging for the title this year.

I think it's time for Wenger to leave Arsenal. I don't think they've won anything since the FA Cup in 2005 and aren't challenging for the title this year.

Discounting the League cup, there are only 3 things that can be won and Wenger has been beaten to these by teams who have 10 times more money to spend so he has not exactly failed.
I would imagine in his time there he has spent considerbaley less money than Tottenham, Newcastle and Liverpool and done a lot better than any of those 3.

If he can keep the young players together, sign a top central defender and get rid of Adebayour - why does the bloke stand in so many offside positions? - he should do ok in the next year or two.

No Chance. They are a CB & Defensive CM away from a great team, and Arshavin will wreak havoc in the Prem/Champs League next season.

Wenger is a good manager and arsenal shouldnt get rid of him. It would be good to watch his interviews without him saying 'I did not see the incident'.

Sorry but I dont buy that Arsenal are close to being a winning team. Look at last night, man for man in every position Utd were superior. Same for Chelsea. Arsenal have the worse keeper out the top 4 the worse back 4 the worse set of strikers. No experience in midfield. They are always playing catch up. Would say they need to spend Ā£50-60m to even get close to the other teams. They need more consistent players. Adebayor, RVP, Nasri, walcott, they have one good game then one bad.

Wenger is a good manager and arsenal shouldnt get rid of him. It would be good to watch his interviews without him saying 'I did not see the incident'.

Wenger is actually one fo the greatest managers of all time. Cannot stand the **** but whatever way you look at it, his career stands comparison to the very best of all time and the Gooner scum would be insane to even think about sacking him.

As I said, I detest the guy and all his "I did not see it" sh*t, blaming everybody else when they lose, refusing to shake hands with oppo managers etc but 2 "doubles", 3 Premier Leagues and 4 FA Cup wins mark him down as something exceptional indeed and if Tilly ever decided to leave Roots Hall, I would prefer Mourinho of course but would be more than happy if he was to succeed him as Southend manager, providing of course he ditched Pat Rice and kept Brushy as his assistant. :)

Back