• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Arshavin

ShrimperChris

First XI
His second goal for Arsenal today was outstanding! Similiar to what he did for Russia at the Euros, getting the ball wide on the left, cutting in to the byline, skinning the defender and smashing the ball into the roof of the net! World Class!

I recon Arsenal next season will be fighting for the top 2 spots if they can keep everyone fit. The squad they have is pretty awesome.

His second goal for Arsenal today was outstanding! Similiar to what he did for Russia at the Euros, getting the ball wide on the left, cutting in to the byline, skinning the defender and smashing the ball into the roof of the net! World Class!

His second goal was his first as the opening goal is credited as an own-goal by Ooijer.

From Beeb

1:14 GOAL - Andrey Arshavin
Arsenal 1 - Blackburn 0

Andrey Arshavin finds the net with a goal from close range to the bottom right corner of the goal. Arsenal 1-0 Blackburn.The assist for the goal came from Theo Walcott.

THEN

Correction - 1:14 GOAL - Andre Ooijer
Arsenal 1 - Blackburn 0

Andrey Arshavin takes a shot. Own goal by Andre Ooijer. Arsenal 1-0 Blackburn.Blocked by Andre Ooijer.

His second goal was his first as the opening goal is credited as an own-goal by Ooijer.

From Beeb

1:14 GOAL - Andrey Arshavin
Arsenal 1 - Blackburn 0
Andrey Arshavin finds the net with a goal from close range to the bottom right corner of the goal. Arsenal 1-0 Blackburn.The assist for the goal came from Theo Walcott.

THEN

Correction - 1:14 GOAL - Andre Ooijer
Arsenal 1 - Blackburn 0
Andrey Arshavin takes a shot. Own goal by Andre Ooijer. Arsenal 1-0 Blackburn.Blocked by Andre Ooijer.

I saw it on match of the day and I'm certain it was Arshavin's goal.

I saw it on match of the day and I'm certain it was Arshavin's goal.

Watch it again on MotD2. As Arshavin runs to his team mates he is shaking his head and wagging his finger back at Ooijers lying on the ground, saying that he didn't score it, and the replay shows it clearly cannoning off the Blackburn player and into the net.

Who cares? good player no doubt... but one player doesnt make a team. Arsenal have too many players who are ment to be these amazing world class players but they dont play like it. I dont predict them winning anything next season or the season after that to be honest.

I watched a you tube vid with his goals form last season after the Euros. One thing I noticed is how when he gets a one on one with the keeper, at a fairly tight angle, he just smashes into the roof of the net - exactly like he did on Saturday.
Looks like a quality player.

Back