• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Article on Capital Punishment in Ohio

MrB

Life President
Very interesting read. Nobody truly knows whether he was innocent other than himself but if he was, I can't really imagine what it must be like waiting there so long knowing that your time is approaching for something you didn't do.

Da'rryl Durr

I'd execute him for being in possession of a daft name.

I suppose we haven't had a debate on the death penalty for some time. So I'm off to buy a giant size portion of pop corn and sit back.

Seconded.

"Durr was charged with her murder five months later. Following his arrest for two unrelated rapes – to which he pled guilty on the advice of his lawyers..."

I accept B's point about the waiting (which is pointless), but love how the article throws the above little nugget in before completely moving on to wax lyrical about his innocence and general decent citizenship.

Ciao D'aar'''yl.

I suppose we haven't had a debate on the death penalty for some time. So I'm off to buy a giant size portion of pop corn and sit back.

Hang em high

Even if he was not guilty of the murder he is a double rapist and based on that alone he should hang. I wonder if this story would ever gave made the press had he been White?

Loving his claims about being allergic? I wonder how many peoples body react well to a cocktail of lethal drugs?

Last edited:
Very interesting read. Nobody truly knows whether he was innocent other than himself but if he was, I can't really imagine what it must be like waiting there so long knowing that your time is approaching for something you didn't do.

Da'rryl Durr

I wonder what it's like for the victims of his rapes- who in themselves have been given a life sentance.

Even if he was not guilty of the murder he is a double rapist and based on that alone he should hang. I wonder if this story would ever gave made the press had he been White?

Loving his claims about being allergic? I wonder how many peoples body react well to a cocktail of lethal drugs?

The Story said he was arrested for two unrelated rapes , not convicted . Also your right it wouldn't have made the news as much if it had been a white man because the ingrained prejudice that lead to higher convictions of non whites on death row would have evened that out . The lawyer probably advised him to on a plea bargin. We cant say if he is or isnt .

I heard about this. Wasn't the reason given for not accepting his appeal about anaesthetic rejcted not because of the fact that it doesn't matter cos you die straight after, but because it was past the latest possible appeal date?

I'm sorry but I just think that if you as a society say that murder is wrong, why are you using murder for murderers? It's just a bit hypercritical :)

Life imprisonment? Yes.
No privilages? Yes.
Bloody miserable existence for 30+ years? Yes.

The US really doesn't get it, it's got the highest % of the population in prison of anywhere in the world, executes many people each year, and it's still got a MASSIVE crime rate!

As for poor black young men on death row..... they stand no chance!

Back