• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Matt the Shrimp

aka Harry Potter
Wow, three new stories on the OS this afternoon.

First of all, SUFC won the League Managers' Association prize for the performance of the week, and Tilly got to pick up a nice little trophy:

Tilly looks into the Crystal Ball...

Second, Tilly gives his weekly musings before the visit of the Saddlers:

Top Wins Helped Beat The Drop

It's stuff like this that makes Tilly a superb manager. It's all too easy to forget that we were 23rd in Div 3 not too long ago... but it was because we beat the sides at the top of the league - who maybe got a bit complacent - that we fought our way out of trouble. There cannot be an ounce of sympathy or an iota of complacency tomorrow. We must be ruthless, and we must win.

Finally, big congrats to Scriv with all his work on the Southend United official matchday programme. "The Blues" matchday programme was voted third best in the division this season behind Oldham & divisional winners... Col******r (!) by collectors' almanack, Programme Monthly:

Blues Programme Scoops Award

Many, many congrats Dave - your efforts are paying off big time. Let's hope, however, that that and the LDV are the only competitions in which the Ewes finish ahead of us this season...

suspect.gif
tounge.gif

Matt

Only one weakness in the programme, which is the page full of obsequious and rumbustious words seemingly penned by one "Matt Walker". Pretentious prose alert!

I even heard one column got Dave in trouble with Sir Tilly

wow.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 24 2006,17:01)]Only one weakness in the programme, which is the page full of obsequious and rumbustious words seemingly penned by one "Matt Walker". Pretentious prose alert!
It's true... it's full of balderdash and piffle.

vicki3.jpg

Ah, if only...

tounge.gif

I always skip them pages!

laugh.gif

Well done to tilly and Dave!! Superb results on both accounts and long may it continue. People on here are sometimes to quick to jump on negative bandwagons and so should heap praise to everyone who made these achievements possibile at Southend!

Beating QPR & Col******r in LDV did help as well, which gave the players an lift & got us out of trouble. I cannot remeber us beating side in Top 10 under Tilly in 2003/04, we did beat Swansea with 8 mens (who was in play-off that time) & draw 2-2 with Hull (who finish runner-up), unluckly to lose to Hudderfield (Bentley hit the woodwork) & Torquay (with the help of Torquay supporting Ref).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Feb. 24 2006,17:01)]I even heard one column got Dave in trouble with Sir Tilly

wow.gif
And a different piece got me into trouble on another occasion...

suspect.gif

Never did I think that tapping away on the keyboard on a Wednesday evening would prove so turbulent!

upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Feb. 24 2006,17:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Feb. 24 2006,17:26)]Who's the skirt?
Victoria Coren - presenter of Balderdash & Piffle on BBC2. V. nice. Does lots of gambling programmes as well, apparently...

rock.gif
I find her incredibly irritating for some reason.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Feb. 24 2006,17:46)]
[b said:
[b said:
Victoria Coren - presenter of Balderdash & Piffle on BBC2.  V. nice.  Does lots of gambling programmes as well, apparently...

rock.gif
She says the same about you, funnily enough...

tounge.gif

(Only kiddin'!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (hexagon_sun @ Feb. 24 2006,17:46)]
[b said:
[b said:
Victoria Coren - presenter of Balderdash & Piffle on BBC2.  V. nice.  Does lots of gambling programmes as well, apparently...

rock.gif
Irritating aint the word!! She thinks she is some poker goddess ... wrong! Most irritating voice in the world!

Back