• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TrueBlue

SJP Taxi & Private Hire ⭐️
As a life trust member I call on the trust to ballot all it's members to take action against SUFC to demand answers and show a display of solidarity and unity of concern

I don't think that's unreasonable

ASK YOUR MEMBERS

Just to give you insight what will be happening right now is the trust committee with be firing emails between each other saying to ignore it or don't rise to it.

It will be met mostly with disdain.
Those that speak out of line or threaten the trusts special relationship with the club will always be overlooked.

This is more then travel and the shrimpers bar

You might want to formulate some questions first.

That I would assume would be down to the trust how they want to approach this.

You was on the committee mate look at the time we were told we were not allowed to comment on things on here about he trust! Nearly turned into a full blown argument about trying to be silenced

So you're demanding answers but you don't know what the questions you want answered are?

I'm asking for them to ask the members what action should be taken how they formulate them questions is up to them.

It's plainly obvious that answers as to what's happened with British land and Rons ability to pull this off are the general theme

What's your opinion James??

Yep I was on the Trust Commitee for a few years , I and I left because I did not have the skill sets or the time to actually make a difference, nothing to do with arguments or direction of the Trust.

I'm asking for them to ask the members what action should be taken how they formulate them questions is up to them.

It's plainly obvious that answers as to what's happened with British land and Rons ability to pull this off are the general theme

I doubt british land would any Share price sensitive information put into the public domain without it coming from them.

Isn't Rons ability subjective ?

I doubt british land would any Share price sensitive information put into the public domain without it coming from them.

Isn't Rons ability subjective ?
15 years and no progress seems fairly objective (not to mention objectionable).

As a life trust member I call on the trust to ballot all it's members to take action against SUFC to demand answers and show a display of solidarity and unity of concern

I don't think that's unreasonable

ASK YOUR MEMBERS

Its far too late for questions and answers. Action needs to be taken!!!

My opinion is that Ron won't tell anyone what's going on no matter who is asking the questions. The only action that may result in some form of answer is not turning up to the games - if there is no income then Ron has a real issue - but it would need to be done consistently over a longer period of time. The downside is that doing that would/could further hurt the club we all support and lead to further uncertainty. The reality is that the above won't happen for two reasons in my opinion -
1. Many fans would not want to miss out on seeing the club they love play football on a Saturday afternoon.
2. The general apathy from a considerable amount of the fan base for what's happening off the field - it's dragged on for so long now that people have lost interest in it and feel so disengaged with the clubs owners and feel that there is nothing they can do either way so they go to games to at least try and enjoy the football itself (bloody hard with Brown in charge, I know!)

That's my opinion for what it's worth.

My opinion is that Ron won't tell anyone what's going on no matter who is asking the questions. The only action that may result in some form of answer is not turning up to the games - if there is no income then Ron has a real issue - but it would need to be done consistently over a longer period of time. The downside is that doing that would/could further hurt the club we all support and lead to further uncertainty. The reality is that the above won't happen for two reasons in my opinion -
1. Many fans would not want to miss out on seeing the club they love play football on a Saturday afternoon.
2. The general apathy from a considerable amount of the fan base for what's happening off the field - it's dragged on for so long now that people have lost interest in it and feel so disengaged with the clubs owners and feel that there is nothing they can do either way so they go to games to at least try and enjoy the football itself (bloody hard with Brown in charge, I know!)

Absolutley spot on with point 2

As I said elsewhere, Scott, you, Smiffy and Cricko all know how and where to contact the Trust, just to clarify, Trust Chairman, Paul FitzGerald, has asked that this be posted on his behalf:

I would be happy for you to re-post my email address on my behalf and state that I respond to EVERY email and would be happy to meet anyone to discuss criticism of the Trust. The Trust volunteers are not going to get it right 100% of the time because they are just a collective group of fans working together but it won't be for the want of trying. If others have more information or ideas they which to share why not help us make a difference?

His email address is pfitz666@aol.com.

I agree with this.

I think the main power of persuasion is held by the season ticket holders (are they not the bulk of attendance at games?) Should they decide not to renew their cards at the end of the season would put the club / RM under severe financial pressure, so perhaps their strength could be harnessed?

I agree with this.

I think the main power of persuasion is held by the season ticket holders (are they not the bulk of attendance at games?) Should they decide not to renew their cards at the end of the season would put the club / RM under severe financial pressure, so perhaps their strength could be harnessed?

So what your saying is, making Ron's life difficult on a match day is innefective, but collectively wrecking the clubs already perilous finances is the way forward?

The only ways to get Ron Martin out of this club is to get Fossetts built, go bankrupt and fold or be bought out.

The problem is that we are constantly closest to going under as apposed to the other two.

That I would assume would be down to the trust how they want to approach this.

You was on the committee mate look at the time we were told we were not allowed to comment on things on here about he trust! Nearly turned into a full blown argument about trying to be silenced

So if you do something the trust does not like (challenge them in any way) they get upset and you are on thin ice? The same with Ron? Chris Philips got a ban once, was that just not for being honest and pushing for answers, telling the truth?

it's like The untouchables....?

Back