• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As I said elsewhere, Scott, you, Smiffy and Cricko all know how and where to contact the Trust, just to clarify, Trust Chairman, Paul FitzGerald, has asked that this be posted on his behalf:

[FONT=&]I would be happy for you to re-post my email address on my behalf and state that I respond to EVERY email and would be happy to meet anyone to discuss criticism of the Trust. The Trust volunteers are not going to get it right 100% of the time because they are just a collective group of fans working together but it won't be for the want of trying. If others have more information or ideas they which to share why not help us make a difference?[/FONT]

His email address is pfitz666@aol.com.

you'd think he'd get a new email address, it's been that for years.

ps you know who else had 666 in his mobile and work phone number? Ron Martin. :whistling:

So if you do something the trust does not like (challenge them in any way) they get upset and you are on thin ice? The same with Ron? Chris Philips got a ban once, was that just not for being honest and pushing for answers, telling the truth?

it's like The untouchables....?

You have to remember mate that people on the Trust are doing this in their own time and doing what they think is right to support the fans AND the club. I doubt it's a case of 'untouchables', but more down to being tired with the continual criticism that flows in their direction.

My potential concern with the Trust is that the people involved are maybe too nice and too reasonable, particularly when you have someone as slippery as Ron running the show. It's not a criticism. It's just the mandate of the organisation and Ron seems to be very effective at controlling what comes out. It's difficult to argue when someone's telling you not to share something when he can entirely shut down your access if you don't comply.

I DO think the Trust do one part of a great job. But, for that reason alone, my personal view is that there should be two organisations with different mandates, perspectives, approaches, etc. Let the Trust build bridges, and work in harmony, helping and hindering, and asking questions without upsetting the apple-cart. But while a collaborating partner is valuable, it also feels like there needs to be stronger opposition - a less reasonable, more militant group who WILL organise protests if the answers we seek are not forthcoming. What I'd hope is that the two organisations would then meet regularly to work together with a common goal.

Some have argued that we have no right to ask the tough questions. That's potentially correct, but it's a grey world not a black and white one and, ultimately, while shareholders and owners come and go, this is our Southend United and, as fans, we owe it to ourselves to protect our club.

This isn't about Brown. This isn't about poor results. This is about a deeper financial threat to our club and its ongoing viability. This is about 15+ years of failure to achieve our stadium move while many others have succeeded. This is simply about asking questions and getting answers whether they are driven through support or opposition.

As I said elsewhere, Scott, you, Smiffy and Cricko all know how and where to contact the Trust, just to clarify, Trust Chairman, Paul FitzGerald, has asked that this be posted on his behalf:

[FONT=&]I would be happy for you to re-post my email address on my behalf and state that I respond to EVERY email and would be happy to meet anyone to discuss criticism of the Trust. The Trust volunteers are not going to get it right 100% of the time because they are just a collective group of fans working together but it won't be for the want of trying. If others have more information or ideas they which to share why not help us make a difference?[/FONT]

His email address is pfitz666@aol.com.

In fairness to Paul, he does, in my experience, take time to reply to comments in a considered way.

I don't believe that it is time for any big action tho i do have sympathy with the view that it is time we should try and spark a reaction out of Ron.

Even if that reaction is just a splurge of political drivel it will be an achievement of sorts to get a response and maybe it will be a stepping stone to do more from there if any need/momentum is gained.

So, what to do? I agree with James - getting effective reaction from the majority of supporters will not work. A noise tho can be made by a few that all including Ron would see.

My simple idea, however perhaps crass it seems, would be for True Blue and his gang to hold up a large banner saying something like "Ron, WTF is going on?" If big enough most in the ground would see it, and it should at least generate some publicity which Ron might then at least embarrass Ron in to saying something. Any action should not de-motivate the team and I don't think this would - the question is aimed above their heads ..... even tho one sub question from it must be to ask about team management (as well as Fantasy Farm plans).

I am tempted to say we could do it on the cheap by just writing on the flip side of the Barrett banner ....... if anyone can find it.

Well, that's my two-penneth. Despite worries (if I think about it) re the medium/long term future of our club I'm actually really enjoying this season, I love my new season ticket in the East and on the back of experiences in the last couple of months re my award, the book, having a pint with the one and only Spenno, and leading the teams out. Really looking forward to the match tomorrow.

UTB

I don't believe that it is time for any big action tho i do have sympathy with the view that it is time we should try and spark a reaction out of Ron.

Even if that reaction is just a splurge of political drivel it will be an achievement of sorts to get a response and maybe it will be a stepping stone to do more from there if any need/momentum is gained.

So, what to do? I agree with James - getting effective reaction from the majority of supporters will not work. A noise tho can be made by a few that all including Ron would see.

My simple idea, however perhaps crass it seems, would be for True Blue and his gang to hold up a large banner saying something like "Ron, WTF is going on?" If big enough most in the ground would see it, and it should at least generate some publicity which Ron might then at least embarrass Ron in to saying something. Any action should not de-motivate the team and I don't think this would - the question is aimed above their heads ..... even tho one sub question from it must be to ask about team management (as well as Fantasy Farm plans).

I am tempted to say we could do it on the cheap by just writing on the flip side of the Barrett banner ....... if anyone can find it.

Well, that's my two-penneth. Despite worries (if I think about it) re the medium/long term future of our club I'm actually really enjoying this season, I love my new season ticket in the East and on the back of experiences in the last couple of months re my award, the book, having a pint with the one and only Spenno, and leading the teams out. Really looking forward to the match tomorrow.

UTB

The flag was on display at the last home league game.

Indeed, I mentioned this in my last match report as I took the JBs doing the walk to X block and it was clearly visible there.

I saw it, but it's not in a good spot. You have to basically be in the East Stand to see it. But friends in the East near the South Bank couldn't even see it, as it was flat and at an angle. So most of the ground aren't seeing it, and because of this, some are asking where is the AB banner that they contributed to. It really needs some clever person to put a pole with a stand up base each side. Or just pass it over the crowd in the West. Or put it in the North Bank when a visiting team has not taken up the whole North Bank.

Would be somewhere between comical and depressing to see it proudly paraded in the empty half of the North Bank - Adam Barrett Legend - as he is on his arse with the ball in our net for all to see on The FL Show!! Another set-piece of course.

Back