• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

danburyshrimper

Manager
correct me if i'm wrong , but we will have no Spillane & no Laird for the Orient games ...

so this will probably be the team :

..........................................SMITH....................................
CLOHESSEY..........PHILLIPS.................CRESSWELL.......BARKER
LEONARD..........WOODYARD............TIMLIN.............HURST......
........................CORR...................TOMLIN...........................

subs from : ASSOMBALONGA,BENYON,HARRIS,PROSSER,BENTLEY,LAVERY,SPICER,STRAKER

Arguably the Orient match is bigger than the Oxford game (big audience live on tv,Wembley ) should we therefore put in Woodyard for saturday to sharpen him up ? Also i believe Timlin is on 9 bookings, if he were to get another yellow on saturday + was suspended for tuesday our midfield would be in tatters!!! Also do we rest BBBC on saturday+ give Brit or Lavery some match time ? Should we save Barkers legs + give Prosser a well deserved return ?

:dizzy:

Sub-standard midfield. Orient's centre midfield is the strongest area of their team so it might be a struggle.

Sub-standard midfield. Orient's centre midfield is the strongest area of their team so it might be a struggle.

Agreed, they are pretty strong in midfield.
If we played that team I believe they will thump us and the tie will be all over before we get to Roots Hall.

So what should we do ??????? I fear if we dont sign a quality midfielder today we will be snookered .....

Just chatting to my Orient loving mate here , he is raving about Moses Odubajo , flying right winger with electric pace ....he reckons most teams put 2 players on him + he still skins em ..... I think Barker needs to "put him in row Z " early doors otherwise we are in deep doo doo

That midfield worries me greatly for the JPT. I hope we're going all out for a non-cup tied CM today or we're in trouble! :thumbdown:

Assombalonga will come straight back into the team instead of Corr, or Tomlin could play out wide if he wants to keep Corr in the team. Centre Mid is the issue.

Have been dreading this for weeks knowing that Laird and then Spillane were both cup tied.

Assombalonga will come straight back into the team instead of Corr, or Tomlin could play out wide if he wants to keep Corr in the team. Centre Mid is the issue.

Have been dreading this for weeks knowing that Laird and then Spillane were both cup tied.

Yes it's quite possible that Tomlin may play wide. Not ideal but....

Can see Hurst on the right, Straker on the left with Timlin and Leonard in the middle.

Doubt we will get anyone in today, but hopefully Benyon will be off.

I've noticed Mkandawire hasn't even made millwall's bench since he's been back. Getting him on a month's loan or even to the end of the season would give us such a boost going into the two legs.

Sounds like Jackett wants him there.
Batt moving on loan to Orient - does anyone know if he can play in the JPT ?

Would guess so, has only played for Millwall this season and they aren't in it.

correct me if i'm wrong , but we will have no Spillane & no Laird for the Orient games ...

so this will probably be the team :

..........................................SMITH....................................
CLOHESSEY..........PHILLIPS.................CRESSWELL.......BARKER
LEONARD..........WOODYARD............TIMLIN.............HURST......
........................CORR...................TOMLIN...........................

subs from : ASSOMBALONGA,BENYON,HARRIS,PROSSER,BENTLEY,LAVERY,SPICER,STRAKER

Arguably the Orient match is bigger than the Oxford game (big audience live on tv,Wembley ) should we therefore put in Woodyard for saturday to sharpen him up ? Also i believe Timlin is on 9 bookings, if he were to get another yellow on saturday + was suspended for tuesday our midfield would be in tatters!!! Also do we rest BBBC on saturday+ give Brit or Lavery some match time ? Should we save Barkers legs + give Prosser a well deserved return ?

:dizzy:

With the exception of Straker for Leonard, thats the team that put 3 past Oxford. We also have Britt returning from injury.

Orient havn't done much at home this season averaging a goal for & against a game. A solid professional performance so were not out of it after Tuesday & we'll finish the job at RH..:smile:

Sounds like Jackett wants him there.
Batt moving on loan to Orient - does anyone know if he can play in the JPT ?

Yes Batt has been signed especially with the JPT in mind .... both O's wingers are apparantly creating boatloads of chances but our old mucka Charlie Macdonald is having a complete nightmare so far + Lisbie is injured.

I've just found out that Orients match on Saturday is against Stevenage.... Big physical uncompromising Stevenage !!!
I wonder if someone can have a word with Granty , Lee Hills + Bilel to rough 'em up a bit for Tuesday !!!!

In fact , i wonder if anyone can sneak a pair of scissors into the Stevenage changing room for Bilel to renew his friendship with the Orient players !!!!!!!!! :gun:

:nope:

Not sure where you're getting your info. By far the strongest areas of our team are out wide and at centre back.

With first choice centre mid pairing Lloyd James and Martin Rowlands we're small, lightweight, paceless and incapable of imposing ourselves in the centre of the park - though they are both very neat and tidy on the ball. If Anthony Griffith plays then we have a League Two standard s***kicker in there whose only 'skill' is an exceptional two-footed lunge. If Jimmy Smith plays you'll think we've started the match with 10 men - he's not a bad player, but he doesn't like being anywhere near the ball.

Back