• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As we are such big wrestling fans now!

palexander

Life President
My wife has just popped into work on a Saturday for the 1st time. Who should she see on the M1?

Stone Cold Steve Austin!

He was heading south-bound and waiting at a round-a-bout. He was in a silver ford Galaxy with the number plate "HELL YEH" and with WWE logo's all over it.

She said (in her words) "he is f**king massive!". He also had his teenage son with him she thinks.

So there ya go, you dont know who's about eh?!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Mar. 20 2004,11:04)]My wife has just popped into work on a Saturday for the 1st time. Who should she see on the M1?

Stone Cold Steve Austin!

He was heading south-bound and waiting at a round-a-bout. He was in a silver ford Galaxy with the number plate "HELL YEH" and with WWE logo's all over it.

She said (in her words) "he is f**king massive!". He also had his teenage son with him she thinks.

So there ya go, you dont know who's about eh?!  
biggrin.gif
I thought he just had two daughters? Seeing as they are from Southend, maybe he will be supporting us tomorrow.

HAHA! Quality!

I saw Danny Mills recently at a service station on the M1 but that isn't as impressive a story
sad.gif

The irony of this thread. I'll post who me (and the gang) have met when i can be bothered to ...

Kev

Well, you've met me for starters, Kev...

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

I once saw Little & Large...

...who were staying in the same Little Chef Travelodge as I was. And they were sharing a room...

ghostface.gif

Matt

OK, OK chaps ...

I met people 'slightly more famous than you. Myself and Andee (along with Sarah and Colin at times) were in the Angel and we were talking to a lovely bunch of Blackpool fans from about 12.30am After 30 minutes, we found out that part of the group we were talking to was a Mrs Thorpe with a husband called Lee and he was a professional footballer. We know who he is. Ex-Borient scum. She goes to bed and about 3am Lee Thorpe arrives and, as we worked out, is a big Wolves fans and the B'pool fans (who he knows) are all arguing who USED to be the best team. Yawn. He seemed OK at the start but as he had more to drink (and smoke ...!!) he becomes more of a prat. We were trying to work out when he got sent off and after 10 minutes he finally remembers. It was this season. He also stood up for Mel Capleton who was with him at B'pool for a spell.

The rest of the SZ brigade saw and met; Shane Ritche, Tes Bramble (and dad), Kieron Dyer, Flavs, Kevin Davies (Bolton player). Think thats it and im sure everyone else will fill you in (Naps) of what was said etc...

Kev

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Mar. 22 2004,16:22)]OK, OK chaps ...

I met people 'slightly more famous than you.

The rest of the SZ brigade saw and met; Shane Ritche, Tes Bramble (and dad), Kieron Dyer, Flavs, Kevin Davies (Bolton player). Think thats it and im sure everyone else will fill you in (Naps) of what was said etc...

Kev

cool.gif
So what... they're not more famous than me, and you know it...

tounge.gif

Matt

For a moment when I walked down to hotel reception on Sunday morning I thought the KKK were staying in my hotel but it was actually a couple of Southend fans wearing big Sammy the Shrimp heads!

I didn't see any famous but just found it generally surreal walking around Cardiff on Sunday morning constantly bumping into people I hadn't seen for ages and then getting to our seats and finding I was sitting next to some of my other mates who'd got their tickets a lot lot later then me!

Paddy from Emerdale was on my plane to Greece and Shane Ritchie was in the Hotel bar on Sunday, now i know i have arrived with company like that
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kenny @ Mar. 22 2004,22:24)]For a moment when I walked down to hotel reception on Sunday morning I thought the KKK were staying in my hotel but it was actually a couple of Southend fans wearing big Sammy the Shrimp heads!

I didn't see any famous but just found it generally surreal walking around Cardiff on Sunday morning constantly bumping into people I hadn't seen for ages and then getting to our seats and finding I was sitting next to some of my other mates who'd got their tickets a lot lot later then me!
Ha! Ha! I saw the KKK walking to the ground and my first thought was that they looked a bit risque - especially considering the amount of ethnic people in Cardiff!!

Anyone else see the Italian Rugby squad in the town centre in all their Kappa gear?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Mar. 23 2004,10:32)]Anyone else see the Italian Rugby squad in the town centre in all their Kappa gear?
Was it them? Considering they had only just been playing in Ireland?

Kev and I bumped into Shane Ritchie who was desperate for a drink in the hotel bar

I met Sir Teddy before the game who was the cheeriest I've ever seen him

And the others were as Kev mentioned- Kieron Dyer walked past us as we were queueing up for Relfex and I had to shake his hand and have a quick chat- he gave some beggar a tenner.

Said hello to Titus before the match but he doesn't look the most intelligent of players

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ Mar. 23 2004,12:34)]Said hello to Titus before the match but he doesn't look the most intelligent of players
Maybe Tes had borrowed the brain cell for the day.

Back