• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So we know how Sturrock's meeting with Ron/Tara went now.

We're filling our squad with the cheap options.

Happy to have him for a year as he will be cheap and is still growing as a player.

Whether or not this means there is a lack of funds, it is nice to see our youth prospects at least getting a chance. Good back up.

Agree with BtQ, Asante will be fine as backup. We don't know if Blair is staying yet, and if we can offload Paterson, there still spaces for better strikers to come in.

On twitter Corr has said we're after two proven goalscorers from a higher level.

For those being cynical, he would have been offered this deal at least a week or 2 ago. I think it's a good move for everyone involved. Asante gets time to further develop and show us what he can do, we have another player signed up and we aren't releasing someone not fully developed (ala Kightly).

lets hope he gets a run out as theirs no sign of any players coming in yet all be it a bit on the early side.

Agree with BtQ, Asante will be fine as backup. We don't know if Blair is staying yet, and if we can offload Paterson, there still spaces for better strikers to come in.

On twitter Corr has said we're after two proven goalscorers from a higher level.

That'll presumably be Harris and Morgan then.....

very happy with this

he is going to be cheap, he wants to be here, there are no issues on 'will he fit in' which you get when signing a new player. He may turn out to be the next best thing- result, signing him will raise the morale of the youth team, and make it easier to recruit, he may not cut the mustard--in which case all we have lost is 1 years 'cheap' salary.

no brainer to me

very happy with this

he is going to be cheap, he wants to be here, there are no issues on 'will he fit in' which you get when signing a new player. He may turn out to be the next best thing- result, signing him will raise the morale of the youth team, and make it easier to recruit, he may not cut the mustard--in which case all we have lost is 1 years 'cheap' salary.

no brainer to me

Fully agree with this, if he turns out to be half as good as Ferdinand then he'd be a good backup player to have.

Considering our very high expenditure on youth development compared to other lower league sides i would expect us to be producing League 2+ standard players on a much more regular basis over the next few years. If not/we cant then that money has gone to waste

pretty pleased with this news - he is only young and likely to only improve plus he'll be on pretty low wages - also sends a good message to our current youth team about their potential long term prospects.

It wasn't that long ago that we had no youths coming through - well done Ricky Duncan - again!!

Decent news. I agree with the majority that he is a backup player, but whenever I have seen him come off the bench it does look like he has a real hunger to play well and impress. Hopefullly, as time goes on he can turn into a good first team player.

Have to agree with Barrys Boss comments about Ricky Duncan, he has brought through some very decent players from the academy over the years, so well done to him.

If my memory serves; he came on as sub away to Crewe & definately livened the game up as we were quite flat in that game.

Back