• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ashley Nathaniel-George contract extension

Nice to see us acting proactively with regards to player contracts. This, and a quick signing with that X Factor fella, and I barely recognise this club.

One thing made me chuckle in the Echo story. MM says, "I don't like singling players out, but... ", which he said recently in the story about Acquah.

That MM. He loves singling out players.

Nice to see us acting proactively with regards to player contracts. This, and a quick signing with that X Factor fella, and I barely recognise this club.

One thing made me chuckle in the Echo story. MM says, "I don't like singling players out, but... ", which he said recently in the story about Acquah.

That MM. He loves singling out players.
But in a good way- not like a Phil Brown way?

Last game was his best performance for the club. Would like to see him adding assist and goals to his name.

So so pleased about this. The way he put Tom Eastman on his a*s in the first half is enough for a contract extension. Top player is Ash.

Not seen a player at Southend for a while who keeps the ball as much as him. I’d wager he has some of the best ball retention stats in the league

Does anybody know if we paid Crawley a fee for him at all?
They must have valued him as I thought he signed a new deal with them at the back end of last season?

Cracking player. Quick, skillful and direct.

Exactly what we need. I just worry on cabbage patch pitches and old clogger type defenses, that he will get kicked to bits.

If Walsh and Egbri can compete for the opposite side of the pitch then it bodes well for our counter attack style.

We seem to break on teams incredibly quickly and aren't taking any chances at the back.

Long may it continue.

I wonder if this is because he's hit certain criteria (10 league and cup appearances, excluding mickey mouse cup) or because we were previuosly unable to offer a longer term deal because of the embargo?

All our signings registered under the embargo were short term: Hobson for a year was the longest, Macca was for 6 months, all the loanees were until January. In contrast, whilst we signed Akinola until 2022 we couldn't get him registered until the embargo was lifted despite registering other players in that time frame.

Either way it's good news as he looks a serious talent.

I wonder if this is because he's hit certain criteria (10 league and cup appearances, excluding mickey mouse cup) or because we were previuosly unable to offer a longer term deal because of the embargo?

All our signings registered under the embargo were short term: Hobson for a year was the longest, Macca was for 6 months, all the loanees were until January. In contrast, whilst we signed Akinola until 2022 we couldn't get him registered until the embargo was lifted despite registering other players in that time frame.

Either way it's good news as he looks a serious talent.

Hasn't Akinola signed until the end of next season too?

Back