• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JoshC

Members
As I mentioned on a thread yesterday me and a few mates have started in a 6aside league in Laindon, anyway yesterday we had a match against a physical team who were probably all in their 30s or late 20s. In trying to get the ball before the keeper one of our players clipped the goalies leg. The keeper then grabbed him by the neck hit him in the face a couple of times got him in a head lock and started kneeing him in the the chest until he was pulled away. This proceded in me arguing with some bloke saying he was "gonna rip his ****in head off" and the game resuming with threats and insults being thrown by the other team. After the game (we won 2-0 :)) we spoke to the league who said if we put in a complaint something will be done about it. My mate who got beaten hasn't stopped whinging and is adement that he wants to go to the police and get the bloke done for assaulting a minor (hes 16). I cant see this going anywhere as however bad it is it happens, what do you think?

We had a similar occurance in the Clements Hall Sunday league a few years ago and a mate of mine was punched and received a bad injury to his eye which needed hospital treatment.

The ref abandoned the game and reported the culprit to the Essex FA and I believe he received a long ban.

I'm not sure what the police actually did about it but they didn't seem too interested.

It's a man's game... deal wiith it.

Tart.

Last edited:
I think your mate should report it as, as someone mentioned above, scum like this shouldnt be playing. Was there a ref in place (some competitions like Pitch Invasion have proper Ref's). Also did your mate suffer any injuries? A nice claim for those may make the other moron consider toning down his anger.

B*ll*cks J. You are full of sh*t, sometimes. If you'd been on the end of that beating, we'd never have heard the end of it.

As Duncan Ferguson discovered, having served a bit of time in HMP Barlinnie, there is an acceptable level of physical aggression, and then there is ABH. If your report of the events is accurate - and, crucially, if the ref will back up your version of events (or if your mate is sporting injuries which would back-up the beating he took) - then report it to the police.

The police won't do anything based on "your side of the story" - so far as they're concerned, you'll be biased (he's your mate) and you may have an ulterior motive for shopping the keeper.

However, if there is independent 3rd party evidence - either your mate's injuries, or (crucially) the referee backing up your version of events - then go to the police. If violent bullies get away with behaviour like this with impunity, then they'll keep on doing it.

Matt

I'd urge you to report it mate. No place at all for that on a football pitch, and if he gets away with it once, he will do it again. Next time it could be you on the recieving end. The fact your mate is 16 makes it even worse.

I would hit him with my hand-bag

That sort of bull**** bravado sums you up.

I captain a Saturday league football and one thing I cannot stand is when our youngsters (we have a pair of talented but physically small 17 year olds) get bullied by "men" in their 30's and sometimes even 40's. When it happens the rest of the team are all over them every time pointing out the error of their ways. There should be no hiding place for these kind of cowards. I say report the bloke and I hope he gets done for it....

Last edited:
Am I the only one getting a strong sense of deja-vu here? Didn't this happen to someone else on here about a year ago? I seem to recall exactly the same type of thread, with similar responses all round...

Tried searching, couldn't find anything.

This kind of behaviour is not on and you should report the idiot forthwith. Football may be a man's game, but this kind of thing has nothing to do with football and should be stamped out.

That sort of bull**** bravado sums you up.

I captain a Saturday league football and one thing I cannot stand is when our youngsters (we have a pair of talented but physically small 17 year olds) get bullied by "men" in their 30's and sometimes even 40's. When it happens the rest of the team are all over them every time pointing out the error of their ways. There should be no hiding place for these kind of cowards. I say report the bloke and I hope he gets done for it....

Wow... one of the worst posts ever. I fell asleep after the first 4 words..

I would hit him with my hand-bag

What are you on about? This kind of thuggery has no place in our game!

Report the goalie to the Football Authority and to the Police and if the police do f*** all, start civil procedings.

Lads, you know what J is like. He's prob sniggering his head off at the moment so dont rise to it!

:)

As has been said, get something done about it!

Kev

Back