• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

devonexile

First XI
I have heard from an absolutely impeccable source that the club have offered Britt and Ben terms for next season. Both are said to be thinking it over. Incidently, both players have retained their lodgings in the town, at least for the time being.

Neither of them are our players , so don't see how we can offer them terms ??

Neither of them are our players , so don't see how we can offer them terms ??

Unless Blues have enquired to the respective teams about their availability if they were to offer something. I doubt this somehow. Going by the thread title I'd be surprised if held onto Britt( seemed disinterested from new year onwards) but Reeves was someone I said I'd like to keep if possible.

The gentleman who provided me with this info is in an excellent position to know if they have left town or not. He sees both players everyday and they dine with him regularly. By the way, I said nothing about a formal offer. The offers may have been made directly or through the players agents. I don't know which because I didn't ask, but I do know that the offer of terms has been made and that this came orriginally from conversations between my "impeccable source" and the players themseves. I agree, however, that Assombalonga's piece in the Echo the other day would suggest he is off.

Unless Blues have enquired to the respective teams about their availability if they were to offer something. I doubt this somehow. Going by the thread title I'd be surprised if held onto Britt( seemed disinterested from new year onwards) but Reeves was someone I said I'd like to keep if possible.

Why? it's the way most of these deals get done.

Not when 'impeccable sources' reveal it to someone who then posts on an open forum..................................

Crikey - people get shot down for not saying something and then shot down for saying something! :hilarious:

Not when 'impeccable sources' reveal it to someone who then posts on an open forum..................................

No. I meant I doubted at the time Blues would have offered anything . But you seemes to shed a different light on it and I'm not disputing that. Additionally contacting teams to know about availability of under contract players is the correct process to go through hence why I said it.

No. I meant I doubted at the time Blues would have offered anything . But you seemes to shed a different light on it and I'm not disputing that. Additionally contacting teams to know about availability of under contract players is the correct process to go through hence why I said it.

Meant it as a reply to devonexile

I would imagine if Watford get promoted to the Premier League, Britt wouldn't get near their first team,so always a chance he may return for another season loan.

I don't think a 3-6 month loan of Britt is completely out of the question... It's fair to say he fizzled out towards the end of his spell here, so Watford might well believe (or could be convinced) that the best thing for his development would be another chance to capture his start-of-season form before perhaps moving onto a League One club for the second half of the season.

Reeves would be a better shout IMO. Apart from "that goal", he didn't really set the world alight did he? A full season or even half a season would be beneficial to us, him and them.

Edit: Also IMO, Reeves is a class act and would suit a higher level of football than league 2, but it's worth a go.

Back