• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So why do you and I have to pay taxes to look after a scum bag murderer for the rest of his days? Where is there justice in that?
I'm happy to pay tax towards imprisoning murders for life as I feel that is a bigger punishment for them than a few seconds of pain and then no longer being conscious of anything. Death is the easy way out IMO.

How comes earlier in this thread you the judge decided that the American cop was not a suspect but a murderer. But now true to 'new labour' form those two pieces of s*** were suspects. They were anything other than civilised and its a real shame their not dead.

By the way there is no such thing as shoot to injure when a 'suspect' is armed. If you open fire its shoot to kill end off.

Not quite right but not far off. Armed police in the UK aim for the torso which is the largest area of the body. Shooting in the leg to disable a suspect is just cowboy fiction.

1 I'm not new labour. I am an advocate of the Labour Party. That is not really relevant here as none of the major parties advocate trial by a policeman's gun.
2 the US cop shot and killed an unarmed man in the back and from what I understand it was for running away from a minor driving offence. That on the face of it is murder. The cop would then be tried for murder.
3 the killers of Lee Rigby are murderers and were armed so if the police had shot them dead to prevent further murders then I would fully support that. The fact they were tried for murder and will rot in prison is the best outcome IMO as death is a quick easy punishment and I think they should suffer for longer than that. I don't care about the expense, I don't see why that should come into it.
4 I still don't see why you would want to bring a US cop that shoots dead driving offenders to the UK to work in our forces - he sounds a bit unhinged

In America where prison conditions are much harsher 99% of all death row inmates fight to the last hour to avoid their deserved fate. So no, the old lefty cliche 'life in prison is worse than death' is not true. Ask Harry Roberts

You may not care about the expense but I like many former Labour [pre Blair] voters do. I for one would rather keep an AE centre open or stop the local fire station from closing than see terrorists participate in art or pottery classes.

In America where prison conditions are much harsher 99% of all death row inmates fight to the last hour to avoid their deserved fate. So no, the old lefty cliche 'life in prison is worse than death' is not true. Ask Harry Roberts

You may not care about the expense but I like many former Labour [pre Blair] voters do. I for one would rather keep an AE centre open or stop the local fire station from closing than see terrorists participate in art or pottery classes.

Spot on there

I have no doubt that those on death row fear the finality of death after the years and years of build up they have in prison - I'd still rather see them rot there till the very end.

The money doesn't have to come from A&E or fire stations it can come from the tens of millions Cameron has spent on church repairs, or from cutting down on the Royal Family's expenses, or by increasing the minimum wage and cutting in work benefits, or by telling Starbucks UK that paying Starbucks US a 'royalty' is not an acceptible way of dodging taxes on sales made here, or.....or......

Not quite right but not far off. Armed police in the UK aim for the torso which is the largest area of the body. Shooting in the leg to disable a suspect is just cowboy fiction.

I was also thinking of the SAS and the very professional jobs they carried out at the Iranian Embassy and Gibraltar. Their very effective shoot to kill policy in Northern Island played a major role in forcing the IRA to the negotiating table. We will never know how much money let alone people have been saved by sending out the a clear message to terrorists from around the world. And that's something British to be very proud of.

I have no doubt that those on death row fear the finality of death after the years and years of build up they have in prison - I'd still rather see them rot there till the very end.

The money doesn't have to come from A&E or fire stations it can come from the tens of millions Cameron has spent on church repairs, or from cutting down on the Royal Family's expenses, or by increasing the minimum wage and cutting in work benefits, or by telling Starbucks UK that paying Starbucks US a 'royalty' is not an acceptible way of dodging taxes on sales made here, or.....or......

That does not happen. The scum that murdered my friend was walking the streets again after just 3yrs. The only ones who do a life sentence is the victims family and friends. We would have all voted for him to be hung but sadly there will always be people who think they know what is best for us.

BY the way why don't you like the Royal Family, who pull in far more money for Britain than they ever take.

1 I'm not new labour. I am an advocate of the Labour Party. That is not really relevant here as none of the major parties advocate trial by a policeman's gun.
2 the US cop shot and killed an unarmed man in the back and from what I understand it was for running away from a minor driving offence. That on the face of it is murder. The cop would then be tried for murder.
3 the killers of Lee Rigby are murderers and were armed so if the police had shot them dead to prevent further murders then I would fully support that. The fact they were tried for murder and will rot in prison is the best outcome IMO as death is a quick easy punishment and I think they should suffer for longer than that. I don't care about the expense, I don't see why that should come into it.
4 I still don't see why you would want to bring a US cop that shoots dead driving offenders to the UK to work in our forces - he sounds a bit unhinged

I agree with all your points to a degree but must find minor fault and suggest slight improvements.

Point 1, yeah, I'll give you that.

Point 2, A break light is a bit over the top but I understand his nearside mirror was cracked as well, so as far as I'm concerned, that's a hanging offence at the very least. The cop was just saving court time.

Point 3, I think this is a perfect example of the need for a new prime time television program. The Running Man wasn't just a film makers imagination. The perfect pilot episode would be guest starring those two.

Point 4, There's your first hunter.

I'm going to tweet Clarkson on point 3. It's got legs I tells yer.

Another unarmed black guy shot dead,cop said he thought he was about to taser him but had pulled his gun instead:stunned:

Back