• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I didn't see Ranger do the extra fitness work the day I went, but I have heard he is doing it with the fitness guys.

James Ward-Prowse practises every week for Southampton. This is him nearly 4 years ago. He's even better now.

[video=youtube;Tk94JYwnxQA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tk94JYwnxQA[/video]
love to meet you guys down B&L one day, have a chat...I will even buy the coffee's

I've always wanted to know the training schedule for pro clubs and this has shocked me. 1h 15 mins is nowhere enough time to work on tactics, fitness, team shape, the opposition etc. Also I'm aware of Brown's comments that Ranger is often late for training. For an 11am start and a 12:15 finish? Really? I wouldn't pay them if that was the case.

I would of thought some gym work would be done after training or to run through tactics or video footage of other teams set pieces etc, I don't think they all just clear off at 12.15 basicly

Whenever we've been over the training ground for various things, including the Junior Blues day, players have been there about 9.30. They do some work indoors and have breakfast before coming out, and, invariably they do more gym work after they've finished the outdoor training. Admittedly it's not like that every day.

Bloody hell, I'd just turn up for the grub for 75 minutes of work. I can imagine the food is pretty good :thumbsup:

They do more training in day ,like gym , swimming etc .med balls , cardio , then some club stuff

Whenever we've been over the training ground for various things, including the Junior Blues day, players have been there about 9.30. They do some work indoors and have breakfast before coming out, and, invariably they do more gym work after they've finished the outdoor training. Admittedly it's not like that every day.

That's not how I see it. Sometimes when I get there about 10.45am, players are pulling up in their cars. Perhaps they get there early for Junior Blues day. On rainy days when they try and save the Boots & Laces pitches, and other days they go to the Chase Sports and Fitness centre to do the things 5scoops mentioned above.

Do any of the players drive really crap motors?

Nile ranger's looks a bit snide in this video:

[video=youtube;UiLAymGXz5s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiLAymGXz5s[/video]

Ranger's not driving that one now, I think he's got a BMW X6 - it was stuck at the ground during his recent incarceration!

75 minutes "work" a day. Wow, the life of a pro-footballer....how they cope is beyond me.

To be fair they also have to spend the day wearing Southend United leisurewear.

It wouldn't surprise me if Nile Ranger asked to keep his prison tracksuit.

Back