• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
I went to training quite looking forward to seeing Michael Kightly really. Unfortunately I got called away and only stayed about half an hour. The players weren't training on the pitch right in front of the car park, but much further down. So couldn't see as well as usual. Again confirmed that Michael Turner will sign today(unless the agent gets last minute silly). I like the new all red training kit. The most interesting thing that happened in my short stay was that I was stopped as I was leaving near the entrance by a guy wearing a doping team T-shirt. He asked if I was a player(felt quite chuffed as I'm in my fifties). I told him I was just a fan, but willing to take the drugs test as I'm clean, apart from my old age medications. He joked we're not testing fans just yet, Lol. He said the players have surprise testing today when they leave. ...Waits for Nile Ranger comments.

I went to training quite looking forward to seeing Michael Kightly really. Unfortunately I got called away and only stayed about half an hour. The players weren't training on the pitch right in front of the car park, but much further down. So couldn't see as well as usual. Again confirmed that Michael Turner will sign today(unless the agent gets last minute silly). I like the new all red training kit. The most interesting thing that happened in my short stay was that I was stopped as I was leaving near the entrance by a guy wearing a doping team T-shirt. He asked if I was a player(felt quite chuffed as I'm in my fifties). I told him I was just a fan, but willing to take the drugs test as I'm clean, apart from my old age medications. He joked we're not testing fans just yet, Lol. He said the players have surprise testing today when they leave. ...Waits for Nile Ranger comments.

So the players have a surprise test today, and you've plastered it all over the internet. It'll be interesting to see which players are now seen climbing the fences to escape.

Interesting approach of surprise testing clubs as soon as they're back from pre-season trips abroad...

So the players have a surprise test today, and you've plastered it all over the internet. It'll be interesting to see which players are now seen climbing the fences to escape.

They're tested more than you may think. So it's not a massive surprise when the doping team turns up. I can only think of one Southend player that failed over the years. I suspect that because of the anytime surprise element, that all players would not be tempted by recreational drugs or banned substances. So I don't expect any player to climb over the fence or dig a tunnel, Lol.

They're tested more than you may think. I can only think of one Southend player that failed over the years. So it's not a massive surprise when the doping team turns up. I suspect that because of the anytime surprise element, that all players would not be tempted by recreational drugs or banned substances. So I don't expect any player to climb over the fence or dig a tunnel, Lol.

Clearly not all players ................... :facepalm:

Glad to see you're stalking reports are back TSNB:smile:

Glad to see you're stalking reports are back TSNB:smile:

Lol, well I've done a few reports from the training ground over the years and I get a lot of messages of support, and to keep them coming. Fans like to be informed of a few things from a different perspective. I also now and again put something up that you won't hear about from the club or the Echo. Fans like to know what's happening at the club, whether that be at training or elsewhere. Thankfully, things are very good at this club at the moment.

They're tested more than you may think. So it's not a massive surprise when the doping team turns up. I can only think of one Southend player that failed over the years. I suspect that because of the anytime surprise element, that all players would not be tempted by recreational drugs or banned substances. So I don't expect any player to climb over the fence or dig a tunnel, Lol.

Best to turn your phone off and go shopping....Worked for Anton's brother.

I wonder if Turner was tested? He is not a Southend player yet but I suppose he is still registered with Norwich (is he?) and will therefore be tested wherever he is currently playing/training.

I wonder if Turner was tested? He is not a Southend player yet but I suppose he is still registered with Norwich (is he?) and will therefore be tested wherever he is currently playing/training.

Was tested and got the all clear. The tester watched him play though and was convinced he'd been given a horse tranquilliser...

Good question.

I expect he's not liable for testing if he's not registered.

I'm sure he's clean but other players in a similar situation (returning from injury and trying to win a contract) must be prime candidates for doping. This might be a weakness in the testing programme. Still, good to know that players are being tested in the off-season.

Back