• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question At what time in your life were you truly terrified?

I've been scared many times - first time you find out you're going to be a parent (especially when you're still at school) is a frightening moment, but there's plenty of joy mixed in.

I would have to say my first live engagement in the Gulf. You think you're ready after months of training but nothing prepares you for having real bullets flying past your ears. I literally wet my pants.

Would be interested to hear about other Zoners' experiences.

miss laying my 2 boys and 5 grand kids was !! is up there!!!anything to do with your kids. been in plenty of wars[not real ones like you] but they used to hit the spot never the less.

miss laying my 2 boys and 5 grand kids was !! is up there!!!anything to do with your kids. been in plenty of wars[not real ones like you] but they used to hit the spot never the less.

There's nothing worse than that jolt of sheer panic when your child suddenly strays from your line of sight, truly terrifying.

And those wars you mention are very real mate, and definitely do the job.

Very personal, but, going through a miscarriage on my own and in the middle of the night.

Going on a rollercoaster for the first time - it was that one that spins you in circles while you go round at Alton Towers (or wherever Oblivion is). Never before have I screamed so many swear words in 2 minutes.

You really blew the competition out of the water there son. :stunned:

For me it was when my son was seriously ill and there was nothing I could do to make it better. Fortunately a world class doctor stepped in and did it for me. I didn't sleep properly for the next month.....

Being hit head on by a coach when crossing a road in the 80,s on my grifter, seeing that massive metal death box as its just about to impact onto my body is a thought that will stay with me forever.

Mind you i was riding a grifter and the only damage it sustained was a buckled wheel....they dont build them like that anymore lol.

Fortunately never been in a situation that bad but;

a) Panic attack in Amsterdam bought on by some SERIOUSLY strong dope.
b) Flying between North & South islands in New Zealand in this tiny twin engine plane and being blown about like a fly in a hurricane. I thought my time had come but the pilots were obviously used to it!

Going back to camp in the early hours after a weekend at home, heading up the (old) A130 on my motor bike, staggered junction ahead and a car just pulled out on me and started to turn right, I lay the bike over on it's right, saw the wing of the car flash past my knee, then the traffic island was dead ahead, put the bike over to the left and my wheels ran along the channel formed by the island kerb and the road before I could pull the bike upright again (all this at around 60mph) and stop the bike. The driver must have been ****ed and just carried on as if nothing had happened and vanished down the side road. For the 3 or 4 seconds of the near accident I felt nothing, just did what I had to. For the next 10 minutes my hands were shaking so hard, I couldn't start the bike.

2004 I was up in court for possession of a bladed article in a public place, luckily for me this was just before all the knife crime thing really hit the press and judges were taking very dim views, anyway I was a fag paper away from going to Prison for a good year or at the time Chelmsford YOI as I was 18 at the time instead I ended up with 100 Hours community service but still I tell you just before I was told my fate I felt like I was going to die.

Dark Days... and carrying knives for use or protection is a big NO

I've been scared many times - first time you find out you're going to be a parent (especially when you're still at school) is a frightening moment, but there's plenty of joy mixed in.

I would have to say my first live engagement in the Gulf. You think you're ready after months of training but nothing prepares you for having real bullets flying past your ears. I literally wet my pants.

Would be interested to hear about other Zoners' experiences.

I know this is a pathetic link to make but the only way I can relate to real was is going paintballing.

I'd be too scared to even think about going to war.

That's the difference though isn't it TB, so many youths now DON'T feel like that which is why I feel that the problem's escalated so much recently

1. Five seconds before doing a parachute jump 15 years ago at a place called Hinton in the hedges or something like that.

2. Having liver and kidney failure 8 years ago and being told that i had a 50 50 chance of pulling through.

November 2002 - Went to hospital in London for "tests" ( with return train ticket ) and was then told by consultant that they had time to fit my open heart surgery in the following day !! Wife was at home with 7 year old and 3 month old kids, parents were in Spain for a further week.. I sat totally bricking it for about an hour before finally signing the consent form. Never felt quite so terrified or alone in my life................

Back