• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Atkinson till the end of the season

I could not believe it when we resigned him. I really couldn't believe it when he played so badly in the first few games. He was the first name I wanted out of the door, with good reason. I genuinely thought it was crimes against football that he was anywhere near our team, many agreed.

However, Will has massively stepped up and earned his contract. He has worked so hard and fair play to him!

I blame Brown for putting him into the team so quickly when he clearly wasn't up to speed yet, he was a good 2 months off of the pace. He, like many, was set up to fail and the vast majority of fans got on Will's back, myself included.

I, like many, are pleased that he has been given a new contract and pleased for the contribution he has given.

He is another example of Maher getting the best out of a player, whether it is a Maher signing or a Brown signing.

Keep it up Will!

Last edited:
I could not believe it when we resigned him. I really couldn't believe it when he played so badly in the first few games. He was the first name I wanted out of the door, with good reason. I genuinely thought it was crimes against football that he was anywhere near our team, many agreed.

However, Will has massively stepped up and earned his contract. He has worked so hard and fair play to him!

I blame Brown for putting him into the team so quickly when he clearly wasn't up to speed yet, he was a good 2 months off of the pace. He, like many, was set up to fail and the vast majority of fans got on Will's back, myself included.

I, like many, are pleased that you have been given a new contract and pleased for the contribution you've given.

He is another example of Maher getting the best out of a player, whether it is a Maher signing or a Brown signing.

Keep it up Will!
spot on this

I thought he was wrong to be brought back to the club, however, his performance now and clearly his fitness now is exactly what we need.

Yeah, he currently augments the team.
Makes me wonder where Jack Bridge fits in when fit?
He's going to have to fight for his place! Either one of the front three or wing-back I would suppose, I don't see him being best used in the midfield two in this system, those players need to be relatively disciplined in their positioning to allow the wing backs, wide centre backs, etc to push on.

No brainer for Kev, Wills professionalism speaks for itself.

If some of the recent players earning 4 times as much as Will had shown half the commitment to our club then we would still be in the EFL.

Great person as well and went out of his way for a fan even after he left a few years back.

Thought it was very telling about the guys character that in the behind the scenes video of Cardwell signing, Will Atkinson was the first player to be talking to him.

A good character, a hard worker and now that he's fit a top player as well.

Difference between being surrounded by codgers and younger players with pace.

Pleased for him. Played well of late.

Back