• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Atkinson till the end of the season

Atkinson has done what the other codgers have failed to do, which shows what an ultimate pro he is. He got his head down, worked really hard to get up to speed and be an asset. The midfield needed legs and he provides that and has an experienced head. I wouldn't be suprised if he kept this up until the end of the season and we remain in this division why he wouldn't be given another year.

John White and Demi have also been true pro's but I think their race is done.

Deserves it! Was one of his biggest doubters, But he's performances of late have been top draw! I just hope he doesn't take his foot off the throttle now he knows he's employed until the rest of the season!

I was always a fan of Atkinson previously and was gutted he left, especially to go a League lower. However I wasn't happy about signing him (mainly because of where he's been paying recently) and the first few games I saw him, he was pretty poor.

However, reading the reviews from the previous away game, and seeing him play on Friday, he's earned an extension.

Thought he was everywhere on Friday and yes, he probably could have closed their player down quicker for their goal, but he wasn't the only one at fault there.

Deserves it! Was one of his biggest doubters, But he's performances of late have been top draw! I just re SS9 hope he doesn't take his foot off the throttle now he knows he's employed until the rest of the season!
Please ss don’t worry ,he’s a true professional

Should never have left in the first place.

Last few games he looks like the player we have been crying out for, certainly an upgrade on Dunne & Ferguson

I could not believe it when we resigned him. I really couldn't believe it when he played so badly in the first few games. He was the first name I wanted out of the door, with good reason. I genuinely thought it was crimes against football that he was anywhere near our team, many agreed.

However, Will has massively stepped up and earned his contract. He has worked so hard and fair play to him!

I blame Brown for putting him into the team so quickly when he clearly wasn't up to speed yet, he was a good 2 months off of the pace. He, like many, was set up to fail and the vast majority of fans got on Will's back, myself included.

I, like many, are pleased that he has been given a new contract and pleased for the contribution he has given.

He is another example of Maher getting the best out of a player, whether it is a Maher signing or a Brown signing.

Keep it up Will!
He has been as good as his word when Brown gave him a trial.
Admitted he was out of shape ,but would work his socks off and become his best player. Not far off Will well done mate ,definite starter. COYB UTB :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: ?

Back