• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jack The Flag

One Step Beyond ♪
Hi all! :)

After a few very very poor games at Home over the last month or so, there has been lots of people moaning about the atmosphere at Roots Hall over the past few weeks.

Yes the football has been **** but why not come and support the boys. Lets be honest without Block W (Blue Voice) there would be no atmosphere at Roots Hall, so instead of moaning why dont you come and join us in W Block, numbers would make a major difference to the atmosphere at Roots Hall, so instead of being boo boys come and sing. At the moment theres a handful of regulars but these numbers really need to grow to get the atmosphere going and get it really good. So why not move from other stands to W Block in the West theres plenty of seats, so come and make some noise.

Yes the football has been **** but what do you expect for league 2 football. After going to most away games this season you can see the atmosphere really does make a difference, from games such as Bradford and Oxford away two great atmosphere which really resulted on good football on the pitch and you can see the team appreciated it. So why change or buy a ticket in a different section for the next home game, it really is needed.

SING UP ROOTS HALL MAKE SOME NOISE! :clap::loyalsupporter:

Jack the Flag :kev:

Yes the football has been **** but what do you expect for league 2 football.

I expect our club to be managed in a way where the players are paid on time so as to avoid consecutive relegations and to be playing league 2 football.

One man flew too close to the sun and we all have to suffer for it.

Yes the football has been **** but why not come and support the boys. Lets be honest without Block W (Blue Voice) there would be no atmosphere at Roots Hall, so instead of moaning why dont you come and join us in W Block, numbers would make a major difference to the atmosphere at Roots Hall, so instead of being boo boys come and sing.

And you too could join in the anthem of "your support is f****** s***" aimed at the away fans; I'm sure that really gets our players going.

And you too could join in the anthem of "your support is f****** s***" aimed at the away fans; I'm sure that really gets our players going.

Not to mention having that bloody drum banging in your ear from close range plus listening to our extensive range of inspiring songs!! Think I will stay where I am and try to make the most of the football on offer.

Let's all clap and shout and pretend we are at a North Korean political summit.

I prefer the real world. I'm paying and if the football is **** I'm not shy in venting my frustration. It's no use us producing the goods when we are behind and chasing the game.

Dodgeblue a schoolboy, moaning about a drum? What the **** is the matter with our fans, without that there would be nothing

i thought there was a marked improvement on saturday

have to agree on that , in fact for the last 15 mins it was a bloody good atmosphere, it looked from the West that even large chunks of the East stand were singing- although I could have been hallucinating
:loyalsupporter:

Jack The Flag,

IMO

i surpoort your thread. If it was not for the W block, the atmosphere would be very dull. But everyone is different, some of the old people dont like the noise and certiain type of songs being sung, everyone is intiltled to their own views. I surpose thats why people sit where they do in the ground, as that is the section that they get the most enjoyment from.
Many years ago i use to stand in the North bank, just left of the goal post, just high enough up the stand to see over the crossbar, and the RIOT fences that where then in place (even thou they did not stop Derby County) and i use to sing my lungs out, back then their was a good atmoshere coming from that stand. Now i sit in the WEST stand, with my 3 young boys, but with age, like others on this thread, i now sit further down the stand, away from W block. Its funny to see, but now my boys are growing up they keep looking to W block with excitment in their eyes.

Keep up the good work.

Nice to see at least one post supporting young jack. Must admit im not the most vocal of supporters, I tend to sit and suffer quietly most days but full marks to all those who get up and make a bit of noise. A silent football crowd is really depressing.

The point is that you dont have to spend the whole game singing and shouting to support the team. The Blue Voice was set up to provide the ground with atmosphere and to give people an identity and give them an area to go and stand, sing etc. I think the blue voice do very well but from where i sit it appears that the numbers have dropped some what. is this due to some of the negative support towards some players maybe. the blue voice needs fans willing to support, sing and shout in the most positive way and grow the support in that area. i think it is very unfair to criticise those fans who dont sing up. i sit in the east stand and am very vocal, my mate next to me hardly ever sings, but we have both been going for 30 years, it doesnt make him any less of a fan. those that want to really get behind the team go to west stand and join them, the more the merrier

Back