• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

atmosphere last night

even though the attendence was bad imo the atmosphere was brilliant last night.

made the game so much better being in the west, everyone there literally sang all game long. credit to everyone. i think i even heard the east blacks at one point.

went that goal went in my god in went off in west. people flying everywhere. easy to say i enjoyed that goal quite a lot. even saw one guy rolling down the stairs. haha

seeing barrett at the end and how much it meant to him I couldn't give that man anymore respect if I could.

Yep the atmosphere was good mate. Was funny watching rowland try to cling to people as he fell down the stairs.

Really dissapointing crowd though. I really thought 9k+ would be a certainty. Its seems people where unhappy enough with the situation at the club to stay away.

Was superb in V&W as always. Mental scenes when the goal went in. I was amazed when i heard people saying the atmosphere was poor, on bbc essex after the game.

Was superb in V&W as always. Mental scenes when the goal went in. I was amazed when i heard people saying the atmosphere was poor, on bbc essex after the game.

Agreed Lee, if anything I thought it was louder than normal last night and a fantastic effort by everybody including you of course on your bongo's.

Yeah but as we all know. The sound doesnt travel at all.

Still doesnt mean we shouldnt keep it going though.

I havent celebrated a goal as much since JCF equalised last minute against col u.

I feel that the noise from TBV needs to be carried along the West to the Family Stand, who sing well but not too often. This would go to the South Upper and I think the atmosphere would be a lot better if this were to happen. At the moment I think the noise at TBV is great, but it doesn't really catch enough...

My throat is till sore, felt proud to be a Southend fan last night! I went ape went the the goal went in!

I completely dispute the official attendance.

Atmosphere was great, and I heard lots of positivity so well done all those that actually thought about things and WERE getting BEHIND the players. I particularly noticed that some people were actively making sure that the likes of Franno and Franny were getting encouragement in areas where they usually get stick, so well done people!

Great jobs on the drums as usual Lee, and to all those singing and creating the atmosphere - :clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
I particularly noticed that some people were actively making sure that the likes of Franno and Franny were getting encouragement in areas where they usually get stick, so well done people!
QUOTE]

think your right there, i didn't hear anything negative all game long which was good.

just a mention that when barrett got that tackle in near the north west corner my god what an applause he got. he loved it!

My first game of the season, and what a game! Loved every minute it of I need to speak to the same bank's at Uncle Ron to get me back to more games! GREAT work by TBV, ended up going home with a sore throat (I was in V of West Stand). Agree with comments regarding BBC Essex - who were those people? FANTASTIC atmosphere in the West. "Southend, and we'll never die!"

You are stepping on dodgy ground there and one that has caused problems for the owners of the Zone in the past!

I have selectively not copied parts that may be removed by an owner, but you know which part of your post could cause issues.

Ok, but I know I was hearing that comps and such don't get included and there are always loads of those. As it goes I know I didn't use my card!

Thought the atmosphere last night was brilliant. I went mental when Barnard scored and did my own little dance to match it. Absolutely brilliant but one thing that get's me is why can't we be like that every game and not just in dire circumstances, so to put it.

So was I. I can only assume they werent at the game and the sound didnt get picked up by the radio coverage. They werent in the west stand thats for sure.

So was I. I can only assume they werent at the game and the sound didnt get picked up by the radio coverage. They werent in the west stand thats for sure.

Only One person on BBC Essex said that the atmosphere was poor and had a go at Southend's fans, that was a text from someone in Canvey. Probably a bored youth, possibly been out drinking as it was late Friday, and not at the game and not a Southend fan, as the fans were absolutely brilliant last night.

so tempting to sneak in at midnight, rig up loads of boundary mics around the West and crank it round the ground through the PA throughout the game :)

so tempting to sneak in at midnight, rig up loads of boundary mics around the West and crank it round the ground through the PA throughout the game :)

Looks like the only option mate.

Those in V & W Block last night could of done no more. I cannot comment on what the noise levels were like in other areas of the ground. As quite frankly we were that loud we couldn't hear anything but ourselves. That includes the Gills pathetic turnout as well. Heard them once I think.

So, those in The East and South could you hear V & W last night? Or was it a case of "sound didn't travel" again last night? I am genuinely interested, as if you couldn't hear us, then the acoustics are worse than I thought!

I could hear the West on the radio and thought the atmosphere was pretty good to be honest. Was expecting the crowd to be bigger than it actually was considering the way the noise was coming over on the radio!

Looks like the only option mate.

Those in V & W Block last night could of done no more. I cannot comment on what the noise levels were like in other areas of the ground. As quite frankly we were that loud we couldn't hear anything but ourselves. That includes the Gills pathetic turnout as well. Heard them once I think.

So, those in The East and South could you hear V & W last night? Or was it a case of "sound didn't travel" again last night? I am genuinely interested, as if you couldn't hear us, then the acoustics are worse than I thought!

I was in Family Stand, and only heard you three or four times - not criticising the efforts but that's what it was.

Back