• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Atmosphere Last Night

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
I know a bloke, who knows a bloke, who knows a bloke...... long story short i got offered some free tickets last night and subsquesntly ended up sitiing in the East Stand for the 1st time in about 2 years. What a crap atmosphere. Bunch of whinging old goats. The only noise that came fom there was an occasional bit of clapping, or more often than not the majority groaning at life in general.

Anyway, Could hear the rest of you from Block W (and half of Block V) and thought it was pretty decent. Another drumming masterclass from the Director General himself. Twice in 4 days? Your hands must be ruined today.

It was quite enlightening to sit in The East actually, as it gave me a chance to see the support from another perspective. The South tried, but just haven't got the numbers to support them. The East, well, the less said, the better. And as i thought, it was Block W and half of V that were the main people. So well done boys. Wish i could have been in there with you.

Well done to the West - truely superb;

As you said there are some tiers in the South Stand and a lot of us do have a go at getting behind whatever the West are singing but there are a lot of older people up there too that dont want to join in.

The noise from the West come over brilliantly into the North Bank last night, the 84 Walsall supporters (I counted them) had no response

I know a bloke, who knows a bloke, who knows a bloke...... long story short i got offered some free tickets last night and subsquesntly ended up sitiing in the East Stand for the 1st time in about 2 years. What a crap atmosphere. Bunch of whinging old goats. The only noise that came fom there was an occasional bit of clapping, or more often than not the majority groaning at life in general.

One mans meat is another mans poison.

Thats exactly the reason why my Dad enjoys sitting in East Blacks. He personally detests all the noise in the West, especially that drum.

He wouldn't dream of coming on here though and slagging off our support because they all don't want to watch the game in a similar fashion to him.

Good for you making noise and apparently generating atmosphere but I don't understand why you feel the need to slag off supporters who dont wish to do this. Its not compulsory to sing is it?

Last edited:
The atmosphere in the East is shocking.

Well done to all in the West Stand, didn't stop all night.

As you said there are some tiers in the South Stand and a lot of us do have a go at getting behind whatever the West are singing but there are a lot of older people up there too that dont want to join in.

I don't mean it in a patronising way, but i do feel sorry for you lot, the one's who give it a go, in the South Stand.

The major point, the 50 or so people in Blocks W/V and the few in the South, who sang their hearts out yesterday, generated a decent noise, which would have spurred the players on without question. The disappointing thing is this is only about 5% of the crowd singing. Imagine the noise levels if we had 80% of us singing/spurring the players on

You wait till we get 500+ in the North Bank!....

That will liven the place up.

No excuses, North Bank for Yeovil & Stockport.

You want atmosphere. Here is your chance...

Used to sit in the east greens and now in block v west. Better view in the East but like you say a load of old moaners.

Im not saying that we should all be singing and dancing all the time but when the team play like last night then they should get backed by all of the stands.

Just dont see the point in going to a game to be silent throughout.

Thought the atmosphere was a little flatter last night than usual. Reckon its because we are so used to trying to rally the team and last night it wasnt required as much.

Note on walsall. They were the worst support this season both in numbers and voice.

Used to sit in the east greens and now in block v west. Better view in the East but like you say a load of old moaners.

Im not saying that we should all be singing and dancing all the time but when the team play like last night then they should get backed by all of the stands.

Just dont see the point in going to a game to be silent throughout.

Thought the atmosphere was a little flatter last night than usual. Reckon its because we are so used to trying to rally the team and last night it wasnt required as much.

Note on walsall. They were the worst support this season both in numbers and voice.

No you are right, it was. Nerves I think! It was almost too comfortable to watch.

But, if that was flatter than usual, then we are doing well!

All over to the North bank for Yeovil....

One mans meat is another mans poison.

Thats exactly the reason why my Dad enjoys sitting in East Blacks. He personally detests all the noise in the West, especially that drum.

He wouldn't dream of coming on here though and slagging off our support because they all don't want to watch the game in a similar fashion to him.

Good for you making noise and apparently generating atmosphere but I don't understand why you feel the need to slag off supporters who dont wish to do this. Its not compulsory to sing is it?

Of course it's everbody's choice to support in their own way. Fair do's in my book, if you wanna sit there, then sit there, and i'm not neccessarily having a dig at those peole. Merely saying, we could have such an impact if we had more people getting involved.

However, The East, has a lot of people who whinge whinge whinge for 90 minutes. It's a joke really. These people don't want to sing or provide any kind of encouragement, but are so quick to abuse our players at the 1st opportunity. Now of course i know this doesn't apply to all people, but last night there were a fair few who were guilty of it.

It's almost laughable, the amount of times someone has blamed TBV for this and that, but after last nights performance from some, i can honestly say TBV probably do more for the players out there, than some in the East do all season. Not all, but some.vAlso, that was when we 3-0 up and were witnessing a decent game. I dread to think what it was like against Tranmere.

Sounds like you were very unfortunate with who you had around you GBJnr.

I've been sitting in East Blacks for most of the season and whilst I agree with you that its one of the quieter blocks in the ground, I havent found it to be too whiney.

Personally I have found the West to be much more intolerant to players mistakes than the East and are much more vocal about it. I had a diabolical afternoon in Block S before christmas because of the idiots I was sat near constantly critcising and shouting nonsense to our players.

Like I say its all about the fans in your direct vicinity and not a block as a whole.

Last edited:
Of course it's everbody's choice to support in their own way. Fair do's in my book, if you wanna sit there, then sit there, and i'm not neccessarily having a dig at those peole. Merely saying, we could have such an impact if we had more people getting involved.

However, The East, has a lot of people who whinge whinge whinge for 90 minutes. It's a joke really. These people don't want to sing or provide any kind of encouragement, but are so quick to abuse our players at the 1st opportunity. Now of course i know this doesn't apply to all people, but last night there were a fair few who were guilty of it.

It's almost laughable, the amount of times someone has blamed TBV for this and that, but after last nights performance from some, i can honestly say TBV probably do more for the players out there, than some in the East do all season. Not all, but some.vAlso, that was when we 3-0 up and were witnessing a decent game. I dread to think what it was like against Tranmere.

I think you're being selective there. There have been many many posts about supporters whinging and complaining in ALL parts of the ground. I'd also say that players get less insults / abuse from the East than they do the West. Something else that has been referred to here before is that Simon Francis seems to be more comfortable & confident playing in front to the East than the West.

Taking up the point by Lester Bangs it's each to their own, and every individual gives their own support / encouragement in their own way. I'm not a singer, never have been, never will be, but by the end of most games I need a few pints to restore my vocal chords to some semblance of normality.

Sounds like you were very unfortunate with who you had around you GBJnr.

I've been sitting in East Blacks for most of the season and whilst I agree with you that its one of the quieter blocks in the ground, I havent found it to be too whiney.

Personally I have found the West to be much more intolerant to players mistakes than the East and are much more vocal about it. I had a diabolical afternoon in Block S before christmas because of the idiots I was sat near constantly critcising and shouting nonsense to our players.

Like I say its all about the fans in your direct vacinity and not a block as a whole.

Yep i agree. It all depends on who you get lumbered sitting next/near to you.

I guess I may have been unlucky to be sat near some muppets yesterday but like i said there were a lot, not just one or two.

Can't really say much about Block S, as have never sat there.

I think you're being selective there. There have been many many posts about supporters whinging and complaining in ALL parts of the ground. I'd also say that players get less insults / abuse from the East than they do the West. Something else that has been referred to here before is that Simon Francis seems to be more comfortable & confident playing in front to the East than the West.

Taking up the point by Lester Bangs it's each to their own, and every individual gives their own support / encouragement in their own way. I'm not a singer, never have been, never will be, but by the end of most games I need a few pints to restore my vocal chords to some semblance of normality.

Selective? dunno 'bout that. Honest? bang on. Of course, you get whingers everywhere, but found the largest group to be in The East yesterday. That's how i saw it.

I also found the Francis bashing quite rife ine The East, and was in large rather baffling tbh. I remember one guy almost dropping a bollock at Franno cos he jumped to block a pass, and the guy was advocating not, yes NOT to jump, as it was schoolboy stuff. I didn't no whether to point and laugh at him, or feel sorry for him.

If you're not a singer, that's fair enough. However, if you were to be hurling abuse at players at every given opportunity, then you'd have to have a telling off aswell ;)

Selective? dunno 'bout that. Honest? bang on. Of course, you get whingers everywhere, but found the largest group to be in The East yesterday. That's how i saw it.

I also found the Francis bashing quite rife ine The East, and was in large rather baffling tbh. I remember one guy almost dropping a bollock at Franno cos he jumped to block a pass, and the guy was advocating not, yes NOT to jump, as it was schoolboy stuff. I didn't no whether to point and laugh at him, or feel sorry for him.

If you're not a singer, that's fair enough. However, if you were to be hurling abuse at players at every given opportunity, then you'd have to have a telling off aswell ;)

:) Apart from Richard Young, I can't say I've ever hurled abuse at any of our players. What section were you in?

I've sat across the East Stand this season and have never had Francis being given stick...

:) Apart from Richard Young, I can't say I've ever hurled abuse at any of our players. What section were you in?

The Black seats. Haven't sat there for years. Was nice to be back in there, good view, decent bar, but don't think i'll be back in there anytime soon.

Besides, a few people have said Block W seemed a bit flat yesterday. I mean, i'm no mathematician or anything.....

Back