• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Atmosphere tonight

buryaway

Youth Team
From my kitchen via Radio 5 Live the atmosphere sounded great tonight, was it great, or was I just fooled by Radio trickery?

Also I hope Tilly got a superb reception, and no negative sh!te

Atmosphere, i believe most people that watch southend have forgot this word, ever heard only sing when were winning ( drawing ) comes to mind. Drives me nuts the silence, and if i dare try starting songs ( which i did all night ) i only get the evils. I hate losing but i hate losing even more when the crowd don't sing up and show the support all teams need.

ANGERED
jcrcr

atmosphere at the hall? I thought they banned that a while back?
laugh.gif

Thought there was a good atmosphere tonight, especially second half. Quitened down after they scored but overall thought it was pretty good.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Oct. 13 2006,22:29)]Thought there was a good atmosphere tonight, especially second half. Quitened down after they scored but overall thought it was pretty good.
Now thats enough about the norwich game, what did you think of tonights game?
biggrin.gif

It wasn't bad in the west. Have heard better, but it didn't sound as bad as jcrcr is making it out to have been. May have been different in the south lower though.

I think Jcrcr means there wasnt a lot of singing, there was certainly atmosphere in the east where I was.

Was alright. Understandably after their 3rd goal went in though the whole place died. There was a decent amount of noise when we were 2-1 down and fighting to get back into it though.

I thought the Cov support was pretty poor. The "who are ya" chant seemed to be the only thing they made an effort with.

We had another sh!te ref who saw things in a rose/red tinted way (big club !! v small club syndrome I think!) this seemed to get the crowd going & pick the team up for a while. Shame we're sh!te at the back.

The "No to Fossetts Farm" brigade would do well to ponder the posts on here and the different impressions people have of the atmosphere - Roots Hall is a terrible place to try and get any real noise going in. Each stand may think that they are doing quite well, and yet they wonder why the other stands are so quiet. Meanwhile the away fans are busy deluding themselves that they are clearly outsinging the home support because 80% of their output is bouncing around their ears from that barrel roof. If the new stadium is half as good acoustically as has been promised I for one will not cast a backward glance at the Hall.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jam_Man @ Oct. 13 2006,23:00)]I think Jcrcr means there wasnt a lot of singing, there was certainly atmosphere in the east where I was.
No Atmosphere in general, no clapping in encougragement, just growns of disencourgement when the team doesn't need it. I no i've got a the cheap seats ect. ect. but i still don't understand why the people that come to hall does not want to get behind the team.

As normal the atmosphere was pretty w%&k apart froom when we scored.

Althogh RH can be a bit like a funeral parlour at times, when everyone gets going it can be fantastic.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimptank @ Oct. 14 2006,07:52)]As normal the atmosphere was pretty w%&k apart froom when we scored.

Althogh RH can be a bit like a funeral parlour at times, when everyone gets going it can be fantastic.
Exactly my point. To get Roots Hall going you pretty much have to have the stadium filled and then to get everyone going. That's not true of a lot of the new stadiums, where a relatively small number of singers can really create an atmoshphere, and people are more encouraged to join in. Hopefully Fossets Farm's bowl design will provide that.

Back