• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Atmosphere!!

shrimperton

Manager
On another thread it was said we need to have an atmosphere that intimidates the other teams, damn right.

i sit in the west and the atmosphere is good sometimes, not brill, some of them just sit there and criticise. Very hard to get a song going sometimes.

East stand i have been in a few times and with the exception of some its like gods waiting room over there, south stand is ok but not enough singing only now and again, either that or we cant hear you.

We need to create an atmosphere like we used to in the north bank, we didnt stop singing all the way through in them days, southampton reminded what it used to be like.

It just seems some people go to have a go, like the bloke next to me in v block, he moans at the first misplaced pass.

Come on guys lets give it some!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all of us

sorry if i offend anyone but the boys need us now more than ever!

the south does sing very often, just the fact you can't hear us really. i do agree would be nice to get much louder cheering going but not really possible with the ground being the way it is. also i think the blokes in the west to a very good job at getting everyone going.

the south does sing very often, just the fact you can't hear us really. i do agree would be nice to get much louder cheering going but not really possible with the ground being the way it is. also i think the blokes in the west to a very good job at getting everyone going.

Yeah can see what you saying about the stadium, but, when we do all sing together the atmosphere is very good, we need to be more intimidating towards the opposition.

Sorry guy's but if i want to go and sing songs for 90 minutes i'll find my way to a church or karoke (is that right?) bar! Sure, we all strike up a note at some time or another but for the majority, it requires stimulation rather than the other way round.

Atmosphere is not dependent on singing, Exciting action is the natural aphrodysiac for atmosphere (in any walk of life).

I've sat in the East, South and West and I find the North end of the West the best for atmosphere. I also find it the best for positiveness! Sat in the East for two years and it is full of old blokes that don't understand the offside rule and moan constantly, even when we were top of the league one!.

West is where my ST is now and I will probably stay there.

Sorry guy's but if i want to go and sing songs for 90 minutes i'll find my way to a church or karoke (is that right?) bar! Sure, we all strike up a note at some time or another but for the majority, it requires stimulation rather than the other way round.

Atmosphere is not dependent on singing, Exciting action is the natural aphrodysiac for atmosphere (in any walk of life).

Im not having a go at people if they dont sing, it just some turn up and pay there money to have a winge at everything from the burgers to the grass on the pitch being to green!!!

Have to say that the West Stand, Block V do a fantastic job from where I sit.

However, it does get a whole lot easier if there is something to sing or cheer about so while the crowd can do their bit, it does require something to happen on the pitch and I am not talking sprinklers, the blue belles or some bloke in black slipons winning the half time challenge!

Although some of those help......make your own minds up.

Thanks for that

Haha love it! But to fair i would love to see the East sing more, i hear the south now and then. would love to get going ''we're the west stand...we're the east stand'' Like they had at Crystal palace last year that was quality. Somehow can't see it.

Shrimpercj you are preaching to the already converted as im guessing that most of us sing our hearts out already........you need to put an article in the matchday programme .....

On another thread it was said we need to have an atmosphere that intimidates the other teams, damn right.

i sit in the west and the atmosphere is good sometimes, not brill, some of them just sit there and criticise. Very hard to get a song going sometimes.

East stand i have been in a few times and with the exception of some its like gods waiting room over there, south stand is ok but not enough singing only now and again, either that or we cant hear you.

We need to create an atmosphere like we used to in the north bank, we didnt stop singing all the way through in them days, southampton reminded what it used to be like.

It just seems some people go to have a go, like the bloke next to me in v block, he moans at the first misplaced pass.

Come on guys lets give it some!!!!!!!!!!!!!! all of us

sorry if i offend anyone but the boys need us now more than ever!

Brings us back to the old North Bank debate again, although with the New Stadium hopefully going ahead there is no point giving an opinion on whether the home support should be in the North Bank.

Maybe we could go back to the North Bank for the last season at the Hall??

Maybe we could go back to the North Bank for the last season at the Hall??[/quote]

EXCELLENT IDEA, BUT THAT WILL BE POO POO'D AGAIN BY THE GODS!!!

Maybe we could go back to the North Bank for the last season at the Hall??

EXCELLENT IDEA, BUT THAT WILL BE POO POO'D AGAIN BY THE GODS!!![/QUOTE]

Well we should exercise People Power then. If i ran a poll on here to see how many folk would want to go back to the North Bank for the last season and it was an overwealming YES then i would present the findings to RM. For some reason and i cant rememeber why i have had a few e-mails from his Blackberry going back some months ago.....I will e-mail him results of the poll and then it is up to him.

I used to go in the North bank and thought it was extremely loud but when I moved to the East Stand it was remarkable how little of the noise actually left the stand.

With Roots Hall acoustics I dont think it will ever be intimidating, and at the moment its probably more intimidating for the home team.

I reckon we should demolish the north bank stand and erect a temporary stand in Rochford for away supporters, much like Brighton have!:fury:

Back