• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Attendance at games to be considered

Lowest risk areas. Hmmm what’s the chances of us being one of those? Goes down to 2,000 in tier 2 and a big fat zero in tier 3. No news yet on whether “elite” football is covered. Boris is on soon.

Since Alexander Boris De Preffel Johnson is a rugby supporter who knows little of football and cares less I guess he'll be focusing on attendance at Wasps, Saracens and Exeter Chiefs rather than Southend United....

Just got to make sure that Southend remains out of Tier 3. Would imagine all season ticket holders would comfortably fit inside Tier 2.

Away supporters in Tier 1 & 2. Could boost the crowds for Boxing day football

Great news. I thought something was going on when Bradford announced that they were starting to distribute Season Cards

Will this then mean that we won't be able to watch on ifollow? (Not that I have been, but I'm sure some people might care)

I fear hopes will rise and an expectation set based on the headline and based on tiers as they were pre-lockdown, only to have great disappointment when the tier allocated turns out, as warned but still unexpectedly, higher. Most likely it will be tier 2 (2000 attendance) but don't rule out tier 3. Allocation of Tier 1 would I think be a big surprise.

So the hope here will be great tier one 4000 allowed only to find tier 3 is allocated to Southend and hence zero attendance.

Last edited:
Will this then mean that we won't be able to watch on ifollow? (Not that I have been, but I'm sure some people might care)
Good question- you would think IFollow can continue as for say Portsmouth being allowed 2000 attendance would leave a lot of very angry fans. It might be at the discretion of the clubs and most I would imagine would carry on

In his statement Boris promised widespread community testing for tier 3 areas, with those testing negative possibly having more freedom to participate in activity with others. I haven’t heard this before and not sure if this can/will be extended to football games. Testing is advancing .. just a chink of hope!

In his statement Boris promised widespread community testing for tier 3 areas, with those testing negative possibly having more freedom to participate in activity with others. I haven’t heard this before and not sure if this can/will be extended to football games. Testing is advancing .. just a chink of hope!
That is only available in Tier 3 areas and therefore where no spectators are allowed- so currently mutually exclusive. So it would have to be extended to all Tier 2 areas which is unlikely due to availability/resources required. The vaccine ultimately is the game changer and certainly now by the start of next season. Fag end of this we might see bigger attendances also?

As Southend isn’t under Essex County Council we have a chance of Tier 1 don’t we? Tier 2 max. It’s a start at least and a relief for those who really miss live action which is many of us...

How's that fair when one team in say Tier 1 has 4000 home supporters on their side and a Tier 3 plays in an empty stadium ?

How's that fair when one team in say Tier 1 has 4000 home supporters on their side and a Tier 3 plays in an empty stadium ?

Fair point, but Northern Ireland had fans against Slovakia and it made no difference to the end result and they were quite vocal. I think with social distancing it doesn’t have the same impact snd it can inspire their players as much as the home team...

That is only available in Tier 3 areas and therefore where no spectators are allowed- so currently mutually exclusive. So it would have to be extended to all Tier 2 areas which is unlikely due to availability/resources required. The vaccine ultimately is the game changer and certainly now by the start of next season. Fag end of this we might see bigger attendances also?
Currently mutually exclusive yes .. but shows testing is advancing and is a positive bit of news to cling onto along with the vaccines (not been much of that!). I’d be surprised if Southend falls into tier 1 with infection rates rising (at least I think they are!) .. there are a few criteria he just laid out for deciding which area falls into which tier.

Back