• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
There has been a lot of talk about our attendances so far. Some say they are poor. Some say they are about right. Some say they are decent.

So I thought I'd do a bit of painstaking research into it....

Below shows the average attendances for the first 8 home games this season v the first 8 home games last season. This is for all the clubs that are in League 2 this season, as well as last. I have also put in the respective league positions after 8 home games this season and last. But, it's the average attendance changes compared to the same period last season, which makes for most interesting reading...

(click on image to enlarge)

[URL="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8697/attendances.jpg"][URL="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8697/attendances.jpg"][URL="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8697/attendances.jpg"][URL="http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/8697/attendances.jpg"][/URL][/URL][/URL][/URL]

Last edited:
Great work Smiffy.

One question though. It says Port Vale were 2nd in 10/11, how are they still in this league then? Assume it's a typo or I'm confused! :dim:

Great work Smiffy.

One question though. It says Port Vale were 2nd in 10/11, how are they still in this league then? Assume it's a typo or I'm confused! :dim:

It's all based on the first 8 home games this season v first 8 home games last season!

ie: Port Vale were 2nd after 8 home games last season.

:moon:

PS, Even with the big crowd v Morecambe taken out. We would still be up on last season's first 8 v this season's first 7!

And we are only beaten by Barnet as they have had pretty much every team, which would bring a large travelling contingent to Underhill already. Only way is down for them...

Last edited:
It's all based on the first 8 home games this season v first 8 home games last season!

ie: Port Vale were 2nd after 8 home games last season.

:moon:
Ah, that makes much sense. Sorry, my mind is a little slow at the second :thumbsup:

Wouldn't want to be the Port Vale owners!....

Massive slide for them. Just shows what a bit of negativity can do to the support in one season.

Something we know about all too well.

Crawley 1st 8 games last season 13591 in total. Average 1699. Largest attendance was for the 8th game at home to Newport 2466. Did look at the Wimbledon website but couldn't find any historical information.

Always thought Oxford have done well for attendances, less people in the town but still get more than most.

I still can't believe Bradford get 10000 a game considering how bad they have been, for so long. Madness
All down to their cheap season card scheme. The real test for them would come if they made their prices comparible to the rest in this league.

All down to their cheap season card scheme. The real test for them would come if they made their prices comparible to the rest in this league.

Yeah I believe their season tickets have been around the £100 mark for the last few seasons, at that price we'd sell out the Hall every week I would reckon.

Back