• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

keep adult prices as they are but should be a quid a kid across the board

I don't think the club are allowed to do this.

Insane I know, but I am sure I saw somewhere, that deals like that can only be done a certain number of times a season.

If you were to pretend everybody on sat paid full value (£19.00) and we reduced the prices to £15.00 then we would need to bring in 1,300-400 fans to make the same amount at this price. A £4 drop isn't going to achieve this.

Insane I know, but I am sure I saw somewhere, that deals like that can only be done a certain number of times a season.

Am I invisible or something ?

The Family enclosure is £19 for an adult and a kid, thats already cheaper than kid for a quid !

Yes, I posted it. And here's the proof from the Football League.

34.2.11 Discounts or special promotions (in each case for one match only) made available to supporters of the Home Club must also be made available on a similar basis to visiting supporters provided always that each Club shall be permitted to designate four (4) Matches per Season as 'local promotion' Matches where this Regulation shall be deemed not to apply. Clubs shall notify the Executive of the Matches so designated as and when they are designated.

Thats special deals.

I might have mentioned already but you can already get in with a kid for £19 for the pair of you.

I am the family enclosure salesman and I claim my own £5.

Surely the club can do something to attract people into the family enclosure?

Who knows, no one will tell you if they did. :smile:

Don't forget people,there is still hundreds on their holidays,apparently.

Well our crowd has increased by hundreds since the 1st game of the season when people were on holiday.

4,900 isnt a bad crowd at this stage in the season, 200 more than this time last year (albeit Exeter brought more than Rotherham Im sure).

Surely the club can do something to attract people into the family enclosure?
you would think they do something eh, ive never seen the west stand so empty this season as it has been so far, i know a few hundred have gone into the north bank but even with them back into the west it would still be over half empty, just makes you think if it wasnt for season ticket holders i think you could see the west stand closed for certain games.

I was on the train to cover another match in the course of my work at the weekend, and it coincided at a time when the train should have filling up with West Ham fans. As it went through Southend and its environs it was practically empty. It was only when the train got to Benfleet that it started getting full. I'm really not sure that playing when West Ham are at home affects the attendance very much.

Winning on the pitch, and being settled off the pitch, are the more obvious pointers to getting bigger crowds. The latter may seem to be peripheral, but when a floating punter picks up a local paper and reads about the club going to High Court, or wages being unpaid, they might just think twice about going.

I don't think money is really the issue.

You go into any pub or shopping area around town on a matchday and it will be buzzing.

I think people just do not see League 2 football as value for money entertainment.

They would rather get ****ed or buy a new water feature for the pond.

Nothing to do with my beloved Southend United but on Saturday I just stayed in the Railway :thumbsup:... having too much fun :-)

The fact is that we had the fourth highest gate in Division 2 and in Division 1 we were higher than 6 clubs. How some of the least supported clubs survive I have no idea. They can`t all have wealthy backers.

The club also needs to be careful about not upsetting STHs who don't get a fantastic deal financially as it is. Buy a season ticket and miss a couple of matches through holidays or other commitments (matches re-arranged to evenings for example)and you soon find your per match cost around the £19 it costs to buy a single ticket in advance; possibly more than that.

Upset your STHs and you'll soon find yourself with even more serious cash flow problems during the close season.

A better idea might be to incentivise STHs by allowing them to bring a guest for £5 on specific matches or perhaps a couple of times per year. Any guests that get dragged along might just enjoy themselves and come back as a full-price visitor in future.

I was on the train to cover another match in the course of my work at the weekend, and it coincided at a time when the train should have filling up with West Ham fans. As it went through Southend and its environs it was practically empty. It was only when the train got to Benfleet that it started getting full. I'm really not sure that playing when West Ham are at home affects the attendance very much.

Winning on the pitch, and being settled off the pitch, are the more obvious pointers to getting bigger crowds. The latter may seem to be peripheral, but when a floating punter picks up a local paper and reads about the club going to High Court, or wages being unpaid, they might just think twice about going.

I went to Crystal Palace v Cardiff Saturday(due to work reasons),my ticket in away end was £26 for the record.
But just wanted to say that on train on way home,from Basildon onwards loads and I mean loads of west ham got off before I got of at Southend east with loads so a few must come from town ?

If football tickets were price elastic then clubs who don't sell out would cut prices to increase revenue.

They're not. Cutting prices would mean cutting income which would mean reducing cash flow and bringing on more of the winding up orders and embargos which have contributed towards the drop in crowds.

I am a season card holder and sit in the West Stand.

Last Saturday I was offered free tickets through a friend to go to West Spam including a meal (along with my two sons one of whom is a seaso in the South).

We went to West Spam.

Must report that the Hammers were awful as was the game in general. England will never win the world cup again if the so called 'Premier League' football I witnessed was anything to go by it was utter tripe.

Although the food was good, I would rather watch the Blues any day!

If football tickets were price elastic then clubs w2ho don't sell out would cut prices to increase revenue.

They're not. Cutting prices would mean cutting income which would mean reducing cash flow and bringing on more of the winding up orders and embargos which have contributed towards the drop in crowds.

My pants would also fall down more if I could pay with elastic.

Back