• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Attention all Anoraks

Hawkwell Blue

Manager
Could someone please tell me if there is a programme fair at Roots Hall this Sunday and if so what time? Thanks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 04 2004,10:56)]I have a mint condition 1966 World cup programme- though the players who played are filled in neatly by my cousin. I've heard this can sell for a ton?
Unlikely to get that much with team changes in it

Yes, there is a fair this Sunday but no idea what time it starts

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ May 04 2004,10:51)]Could someone please tell me if there is a programme fair at Roots Hall this Sunday and if so what time? Thanks.
Yes there is, in the Shrimpers as I remember, I think it's 11-2 or something akin to that. If you're not sure, why not call into the Shrimpers on Saturday and check out the poster on the strategically positioned Shrimpers Trust stand!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ May 04 2004,11:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The Artful Shrimper @ May 04 2004,10:56)]I have a mint condition 1966 World cup programme- though the players who played are filled in neatly by my cousin. I've heard this can sell for a ton?
Unlikely to get that much with team changes in it

Yes, there is a fair this Sunday but no idea what time it starts
Team changes don't take too much off the value, if neat, it's other damage which reduces the price. I'd say its worth about £125

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ May 04 2004,10:51)]Could someone please tell me if there is a programme fair at Roots Hall this Sunday and if so what time? Thanks.
Yes there is.
In the Shrimpers Bar from 11 till 2.

And the Trust will be there in all it's glory selling our stuff
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beaver @ May 04 2004,12:10)]
[b said:
Yes there is.
In the Shrimpers Bar from 11 till 2.

And the Trust will be there in all it's glory selling our stuff
biggrin.gif
Thanks, by the way would the Trust be interested in a few Blues' programmes that I have two of and don't need?

I have got a rare picture of David Webb, signed by Colin Murphy.

Shall we start the bidding at £500 ?

Southend .v. Grimsby Tilson scored and he signed it I believe we beat Grimsby 1-0 that day. It's from 96/97 season.

I have a rare pitcure of alvin martin in a winning pose. I'll have to take it off the dartboard first ,but i'll start the bidding at 5p and a warm can of wolfensteimer to take it away!!!!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (tommytwoholes @ May 04 2004,15:27)]I have a rare pitcure of alvin martin in a winning pose. I'll have to take it off the dartboard first ,but i'll start the bidding at 5p and a warm can of wolfensteimer to take it away!!!!
biggrin.gif
...that was Brighton away when they were at gillinghams ground, I remmber that, you all sang to me...happy days. See I wasn't that bad. Can't stop I'm off to give my pundit views on what alex ferguson is doing wrong.

Ta ta.

I have the programme of the opening game at Roots Hall. Southend Vs Norwich, Saturday, 20th August 1955. I dont know what the final score was though??
Anyone know?
I also have the Southend Vs Hartlepool programme from September 2001 signed by all the players.
And i also have the Programme against Cheltenham in September 2001 also signed by all the players.
This is why i love being related to Sid!
biggrin.gif

And i found another programme signed by 6 players.
Im only writing this as i accidently posted the last post twice

I too have 1966 WC Final programme in mint condition, but I'll be holding onto it for a fair few years 'til I can get top price.

Used to collect programmes for a year or so, and have a few decent ones. May pop down on Sunday.

[b said:
It cant be in MINT condition if its been written on!!!!!!

As long as its the original and otherwise is in good condition with no marks you would be looking at around 80-100 pounds.

I am a part-time programme dealer so know roughly the worth of programmes.
Anyone ele want any valuations let me know.

How much roughly for a Southend programme from the first ever game at Roots Hall, in very good condition. Not that im going to sell it, would be interested to know

PM me cheers

One sold on E-bay recently for around 8 pounds. it really depends on the condition of the programme. If it has no writing or marks it could go for up to 20 pounds.

Ive been after that programme for ages. Hope I can get it at the fair on Sunday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Csboy @ May 04 2004,21:45)]It cant be in MINT condition if its been written on!!!!!!
errr. ok... but it is neat writing
biggrin.gif

what about this then.. a team photo of Man Utd from 1965completely signed by all the plyers, george best, stiles etc given to me by same cousin and a complete set of London Reds magazines from that era of which he was the president, the king Canute!
I was thinking of selling it all on ebay but with Manky U doing so cr*p this season perhaps I won't get top dollar?
What say you?

Back