• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Slipperduke

The Camden Cad
Last season, you may recall that we had a pint after the Blackpool fightback and basked in the glory of knowing that promotion was just around the corner.

There we were, singing Tilson's praises and reflecting on our progress, when I went off on a tangent.

"You know what, Matt?" I said quietly, as the celebrations continued around us. "What do you reckon will happen if we fail to make the grade in The Championship? For all this feelgood factor, I still reckon our fans are the most fickle in football. Tottenham aside, naturally."

"Are you serious?" exclaimed Matt in surprise. "I think you do us a disservice. Our fans aren't stupid, they know what Tilson has done here. Even if we go straight back down, everyone knows that Tilson is a class act."

"Really?" I replied. "I bet you, if we start badly next year, the cries of 'Tilson Out' will be ringing around the forums of ShrimperZone."

"I think you've had enough to drink, Slipperduke!" laughed Matt.

How we both laughed at my pessimism.

I wish I'd put money on it though. Our fans really are that bad.

I'm sticking with Tilson until we're 23rd in League Two and on the verge of extinction. Anything higher than that and he's taken us forward. He's a f%&king football hero and certain people on this board need to wake up and realise what he's done. If anyone deserves patience and respect, it's him.

I wonder how long some people have been going to see Southend. Historically speaking, you don't go to Roots Hall for glory!

I blame Chelsea. Not sure why, but I'll think of something.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Nov. 04 2006,16:52)].

I'm sticking with Tilson until we're 23rd in League Two and on the verge of extinction. Anything higher than that and he's taken us forward. He's a f%&king football hero and certain people on this board need to wake up and realise what he's done. If anyone deserves patience and respect, it's him.
And im right behind ya fella!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Nov. 04 2006,16:52)]Last season, you may recall that we had a pint after the Blackpool fightback and basked in the glory of knowing that promotion was just around the corner.

There we were, singing Tilson's praises and reflecting on our progress, when I went off on a tangent.

"You know what, Matt?" I said quietly, as the celebrations continued around us. "What do you reckon will happen if we fail to make the grade in The Championship? For all this feelgood factor, I still reckon our fans are the most fickle in football. Tottenham aside, naturally."

"Are you serious?" exclaimed Matt in surprise. "I think you do us a disservice. Our fans aren't stupid, they know what Tilson has done here. Even if we go straight back down, everyone knows that Tilson is a class act."

"Really?" I replied. "I bet you, if we start badly next year, the cries of 'Tilson Out' will be ringing around the forums of ShrimperZone."

Amen to that! Still bloody annoying when all the Turncoats start in on the players and management though.

It was pretty predictable that this was happen. It won't be long before the first "Tilson Out" chant is heard at a Southend match. I just hope that, when that day comes, the sensible majority drown it out with support for the manager.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 04 2006,16:53)]I think some people have become too used to winning, no?
Oh I dunno, I'm getting pretty used to losing nowadays
down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 04 2006,16:59)]It's mainly the youngsters, I reckon.
Are you trying to fish again?!

Before biting I am going to ask the exact age ranges you are referring to when describing "youngsters"?

Personally for me, it is anyone under 25...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Winkle @ Nov. 04 2006,16:56)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Nov. 04 2006,16:52)].

And im right behind ya fella!
To right, do all these people shouting for Tilly's head think Crewe have had it all there own way under Dario Gradi? No they havent, However they have backed him for 20+ years.

I think what Tilly has acheived here allows him time to learn and become an eve n greater manager.

I think the people calling for his head are so disrespectful to all of his acheivements its shocking

2 LDV Finals @ Mil Stad
1 Play Off Final @ Mil Stad
League 1 Champions

Get a grip people, ive been stood in the freezing cold watching dross for 25 years and having the displeasure of Dick Bates, Colin Murphy, etc then i would take Tilly any day of the week.

Well I'm 21 and in full support of Tilly and Brush. The cries of Tilson out are absolute b#ll#cks. The fact is that we've got one of the smallest budgets in the league and also one of the smallest squads. "We had this last year" I hear you cry, which is true but maybe we just got the rub of the green in terms of injuries and suspensions last year. Unfortunately our first choice 11 are still not up to standard but if i'm honest I half expected it anyway.

Replacing the management will not help matters, although we might win our first game because new men have a habit of doing that dont they Mr Wise!

Basically I think we need to play people in their right positions, Gutts back in for Clarke and give JCR another run in the side.

Flavs

Hunt or Francis
Sodje
Barrett or Clarke
Hammell
JCR
Maher
Gutts
Gower
Eastwood
Harrold

On the bright side Harrold scored again today so at least someone other than Freddy's scoring. I think we should stick with a settled side and just ride the storm, with obviously loans being a bonus if possible.

You've got to keep faith with the management though because I honestly dont believe anyone else could do any better.

Confidence is low out on the pitch and in the stands but just one result could change all that..

Chins up Southend

Its like playing in a Sunday League side, they have 6 good player but rest of them not that good, so once they get behind, they get stuffed 7-0 as it hard for the better player to keep their head up and work hard, but the rubbish player cannot trap a ball property and give them away easily & their defence open up easily & make lot of mistake so its make their manager realise that he need a better player to make the team better. I would'nt not expect Freddy to stay - he must be thinking "Anything will do now, I must leave for Premeirship so I don't have to get a hat-trick every game to win 4-3".

The way we are playing in the last 12 game, it make the ronnie Whelan 1996/97 side (worst side in our history) look good, that year we finish with 39 points, I reckon we will finish with 28 point this year.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Nov. 04 2006,16:52)]How we both laughed at my pessimism.

Oh, how quickly the laughter turns to tears and jeers...

sad.gif

Ah well, we can drink our sorrows away on Tuesday.

Oo.gif

And yes, Tilson is a hero. I'm behind him too.

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Nov. 04 2006,16:52)]He's a f%&king football hero and certain people on this board need to wake up and realise what he's done. If anyone deserves patience and respect, it's him.
totally agree with you its just a shame that not everyone else does

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Slipperduke @ Nov. 04 2006,16:52)]"Really?" I replied. "I bet you, if we start badly next year, the cries of 'Tilson Out' will be ringing around the forums of ShrimperZone."

time for one of them poll thingy's to see whos who where tilly lies >>>
oops.gif

They had a couple of quality players. Mark Elia, in particular, distinguished himself with St. Helens and then for New Zealand.

My abiding memory is the hardy souls at the top of the then huge South Bank updating the laughably crap scoreboard, which I imagine was stolen from a "Call My Bluff" studio set.

There was, however, promotion joy to be seen at Roots Hall coutesy of Invicta. When York tanked us on a Sunday and went up.

I'm willing to bet I was the only one with an Invicta scarf at the 1987 Challenge Cup Final.

Oh, those glory, glory minutes of Southend Invicta. Marvellous.

Back