• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Attn. M.M......priority, new keeper!

least of our problems- not sure why he is being torn apart on this thread when there are 10 outfield players more worthy of criticism. He is not perfect but good enough for this level.

....he is not good enough for this level....good keeper stops two of them tonight and numerous other ones every week.....slow, scared and poor positioning...how bad do you have to be with some people?

....he is not good enough for this level....good keeper stops two of them tonight and numerous other ones every week.....slow, scared and poor positioning...how bad do you have to be with some people?

For once I agree with wiggy.

I've never been a fan tbh. He is way to slow to come off of his line. That first goal was criminal. He should have come out big and strong with a shout and punched clear. Even if the defender got put on his arse.

He is a decent enough shot stopper but isn't what we need.

The thing we need more than a goalkeeper is an experienced and fit defence ! And arguably some more solid midfield options and a couple of goal scorers...

Blaming Oxley is unfair, and unjustified. As is blaming the rest of the squad, because they are doing their best under difficult circumstances. Trouble is, it isnt enough and the wheels are off now for sure.

The best goalkeepers would struggle with the amount of pressure that the team puts Oxley under. I agree, he has has some off games recently, but i wonder if he is still struggling with the back injuries? No real excuse of course, as clearly he is a world class keeper in disguise, but young Seadon is not the answer and with everything else going on, Oxley is our best option.

The thing we need more than a goalkeeper is an experienced and fit defence ! And arguably some more solid midfield options and a couple of goal scorers...

Blaming Oxley is unfair, and unjustified. As is blaming the rest of the squad, because they are doing their best under difficult circumstances. Trouble is, it isnt enough and the wheels are off now for sure.

The best goalkeepers would struggle with the amount of pressure that the team puts Oxley under. I agree, he has has some off games recently, but i wonder if he is still struggling with the back injuries? No real excuse of course, as clearly he is a world class keeper in disguise, but young Seadon is not the answer and with everything else going on, Oxley is our best option.

Time to change your name to ms Oxley methinks.......

Time to change your name to ms Oxley methinks.......
Wowww, thought you had got a bit more into the real world......forget it, that was deluded cobblers you have just spouted!

Thought Ox had a decent game today. Was good to see him come off his line and punch clear earning a free kick in doing so. it relieved the pressure on the defense and hope he does it more. At 6'4" .. He should do. Most refs will protect a keeper when off his line for crosses.

Throw in, pass back, keeper sliced it straight into his own net. “Playing from the back” gone wrong again..

Sounds similar to what the new Chelsea keeper nearly did this evening !!!!
Quite nice to hear about other keepers mishaps... Not nice for the keeper of course but at least we're not the only unlucky ones.

Don't think he 'should have come but he started to, so stick to it and go and get something on the ball. Such a massive weak link in the sticks

Don’t agree that Clarke’s goal was the Ox’s ball, defence should have dealt with that one in my book. I’d like to see Lennon owning things a bit more. Ox did make a couple of very good saves 2nd half though.

Back