• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Attn. M.M......priority, new keeper!

wiggy

Darryl's Love Child
Enough is enough with Oxley. Don’t matter what the game....he gives a goal away every week wether it is in the air, a kick, a catch and today’s gem is a penalty that OBL could have captured in her hair net.
Puts a really bad team on the back foot every week....he just doesn’t care and never has. We’ve watched him every week Mark.....it doesn’t get any better with him, next loan a brave dominating goal keeper!

Enough is enough with Oxley. Don’t matter what the game....he gives a goal away every week wether it is in the air, a kick, a catch and today’s gem is a penalty that OBL could have captured in her hair net.
Puts a really bad team on the back foot every week....he just doesn’t care and never has. We’ve watched him every week Mark.....it doesn’t get any better with him, next loan a brave dominating goal keeper!
Christ Wiggy! You are still on here, some things don’t change,

have to agree though Mark should have stopped that, it was a soft hit and he guessed right and dived over it

Christ Wiggy! You are still on here, some things don’t change,

have to agree though Mark should have stopped that, it was a soft hit and he guessed right and dived over it

Lol yep i'm nearly 30 now.....last time we clashed i think Steve Collis was here and i see you with a copper on either arm draped in a flag!

Are we really blaming a keeper for not saving a penalty? There's a reason hitting it straight at the keeper is a viable strategy, the keeper has to dive as soon as the ball is hit, by the time Oxley's seen it's a weak penalty he's already off the ground, he can't make himself heavier to hit the floor quickly.

Are we really blaming a keeper for not saving a penalty? There's a reason hitting it straight at the keeper is a viable strategy, the keeper has to dive as soon as the ball is hit, by the time Oxley's seen it's a weak penalty he's already off the ground, he can't make himself heavier to hit the floor quickly.
Sorry mate I don’t agree, that penalty was soft and in my view other keepers would have stopped that, granted he guessed right but if you do get it right you should be stopping that especially when it had no real power behind it, I could not see Bentley letting that past or any other keeper we have had in recent memory

Sorry mate I don’t agree, that penalty was soft and in my view other keepers would have stopped that, granted he guessed right but if you do get it right you should be stopping that especially when it had no real power behind it, I could not see Bentley letting that past or any other keeper we have had in recent memory

Other keepers wouldn't have saved it, if they went the other way!!

Not sure why Oxley is getting the blame today, but for me it's MM who takes the blame for changing the formation

Personally I think Oxley is a decent keeper at this level. If it wasn’t for him we’d have suffered much heavier defeats in our 2 previous losses.

Mark seems to be a confidence player, I just hope he doesn’t read the constant barrage of unjustified abuse he gets on here. But then again it’s par for the course with some sections of our so called supporters.

What utter nonsense.

What I've noticed is how many goals go in just past him, what I mean is, today that header was within grasping distance but he dived without moving his feet. More flexible on his feet and a movement left he might have saved it. He seems routed to his line mostky

What utter nonsense.
Not nonsense at all.....a keeper normally makes a blatant mistake probably once every 10 games.....our bloke, every single game!
We don’t score many as it is without him putting us on -1 every week.
Supposed big earner, cud get in a proper dependable keeper for half of what this inconsistent joker gets!

I said last week Oxley is our worst keeper since Mark Prudhoe and today's performance hasn't changed my opinion.

Had Oxley dived the wrong way for the penalty he would have had a good game as a keeper is never blamed for that.

I was more disappointed in the ref at that stage. He had already given them some real cheap fouls including the one that lead to the, nicely manufactured by their lad, penalty. Still it was naive by our lads because plenty of players slam on the brakes in that situation and as refs always buy it, you have to give them some daylight in the box.

Back