• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Au Revoir M'Voto

south247

Coach⭐
So M'Voto goes under the knife for a hip injury and will be out until January. Of course his loan finishes in January! So I guess he goes back to Sunderland.

Ouch! :(

From what I've seen of him though, looks like he has a promising career ahead at at least CCC level I'd say.

Call me a madman, but couldn't Dougie slip in behind Laurent and Walker and play a 4-3-1-2 formation with Scannell and Moussa coming in a little and Freedman feeding through for the two front men?

Bit adventurous but could pay off.

Call me a madman, but couldn't Dougie slip in behind Laurent and Walker and play a 4-3-1-2 formation with Scannell and Moussa coming in a little and Freedman feeding through for the two front men?

Bit adventurous but could pay off.

I've suggested this before but usually get shouted down when someone, often quite accurately, points out that Tilson's experiements with 3 / 5 in midfield end in spectacular failure.

That would leave our back line very exposed, and that's not altogether comforting given it's relative fragility.

But Dougie is such a good weighted passer of the ball that this spot would make sense to me. Even if Laurent dropped to the wing and we staggered him and Barney up front.

Forever the optimist Clinton :P

We'll be able to bring in players soon hopefully anyway, the transfer embargo lifted, and It'll be playoffs!

:cool:

I think last weeks game against the Gills showed that Freedman is not what we need up front from the start of the game. Get some pace in there with Walker and then Dougie should be a last 20 minutes kind of sub. Walkers was mental, he deserves his chance

So M'Voto goes under the knife for a hip injury and will be out until January. Of course his loan finishes in January! So I guess he goes back to Sunderland.

The few games he's played he's been excellent for us though (Brighton aside, although he was injured and shouldn't have played). I'd wager Tilly will go back in for him in January on loan til the end of the season. He seemed to like it here too with the "French Connection."

Oh no! Not Freedman!!! :)

Better than Calver, though, isn't he? At least this way we can pick a front line that does actually have league experience...

So, we're looking like:

.....................Mildenhall..................

Francis.......Barrett......Grant.......Herd

Laurent......JFC.........Moussa.....O'Keefe

.............Walker.........Freedman.........

Bench: Joyce, Scannell, Asante, Whittaker, Okai, Calver

Crikey. Have we ever fielded a less-experienced bench in our club's history?

Matt

The few games he's played he's been excellent for us though (Brighton aside, although he was injured and shouldn't have played). I'd wager Tilly will go back in for him in January on loan til the end of the season. He seemed to like it here too with the "French Connection."

My thoughts entirely. Cut short his loan spell now, then bring him back in January.

Better than Calver, though, isn't he? At least this way we can pick a front line that does actually have league experience...

So, we're looking like:

Matt

Yes, in our last game where we didn't have Scannell on the bench.

That must be him gone. Shame. He looked decent. Lets wish him well. That said if we are short for players I am sure he would still make the bench.

That' terrible news, he was very good and will easily be a CCC defender in the coming years, wish him all the best in the future should it involve us or not. Although, one good thing about M'Voto going is that it free's up wages that we could possibly use to get Dorian Dervite back. Tottenham said that they'd allow him to join but only when he signs a new contract with Hotspur.

That' terrible news, he was very good and will easily be a CCC defender in the coming years, wish him all the best in the future should it involve us or not. Although, one good thing about M'Voto going is that it free's up wages that we could possibly use to get Dorian Dervite back. Tottenham said that they'd allow him to join but only when he signs a new contract with Hotspur.

Which wont happen because he wants out at Spurs.

Which would bugger up our chances of getting him i guess, unless he has some insane fetish for us i'd take a punt on him joining a CCC team.

Spurs wont loan him out anywhere unless he signs a new contract with them, So he wont be going to us or anyone else.

So, we're looking like:

Matt

Is a bench only 'fielded' if all the players actually enter the field of play?

Just a thought.

Back