• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Aus Open

Must be the hot favourite. Not to mention Cillic is out as well, thanks to Dan Evans.

I got 10/11 didn't think that was too bad

Seriously I would think that was very very good odds, my one fear is he picks up a niggling injury, in this heat ie calf strain, will admit my opinion has changed on Andy ,one of my favourite sportsman now, very dry humour .

The Fed could be a dark horse as well

Blimey: Dan Evans 2 sets up on Tomic. :stunned:

...and wins in straight sets. Keep this up Dan, you'll be top 10. :clap:

Last edited:
Blimey: Dan Evans 2 sets up on Tomic. :stunned:

...and wins in straight sets. Keep this up Dan, you'll be top 10. :clap:

Unbelievable. Just been listening to it on the radio. I love the fact that he's now beaten Tomic twice since Tomic's father stopped them practicing together because Dan Evans wasn't good enough to practice with his precious son.

Unbelievable. Just been listening to it on the radio. I love the fact that he's now beaten Tomic twice since Tomic's father stopped them practicing together because Dan Evans wasn't good enough to practice with his precious son.

Haha, didn't know that. Quality!

Glad I got on Wawrinka at 8s earlier in the week now...

Assuming he can get past Federer (he almost blew a 5-1 lead but has taken the first set on a tiebreak) I fancy Kei Nishikori to win this. They haven't played for a while but he's won 5 out of his 7 matches against World No. 3 Milos Raonic and has won 3 of the last 4 matches against Stan Wawrinka so if he keeps his nerve he looks a lot better than the 8/1 the bookies are giving him.

Been a bit up and down for the Brits. Murray out quickly, Evans & Konta got some great results, but as usual the rest exited quickly. There's the usual dearth of talent behind Murray & Konta which doesn't bode well for the future.

Been a bit up and down for the Brits. Murray out quickly, Evans & Konta got some great results, but as usual the rest exited quickly. There's the usual dearth of talent behind Murray & Konta which doesn't bode well for the future.

Evans and Kyle Edmund aren't too shabby. If Laura Robson ever gets back to her best that'll be another one for the women.

Both men & women's finals turning back the clock - Williams v Williams and Feds v Nadal last happened in 2008!

Saw a few minutes of Rafa's SF tie breaker game yesterday in our local restaurant, where everyone's eyes were glued to the box.Surely must be his last chance of a grand slam win?

Who knows. Shows that the (relatively) old men have still got it, however both must be thinking about retiring soon.

Well done Feds, a well deserved winner. Nice to see him back on top again. Hopefully he wins another slam and then he can leave on a high.

Back