• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Austerity sandwich fillings.

Rudi Luftwaffe

Here are a couple of my creations. Can anyone come up with a better sandwich filling for less than 50p?

1. Egg Mayo and half a bag of frazzles.

2. Laughing cow triangle and half a bag of pickled onion monster munch.

marmite and salt and vinegar walkers. That said, crisps are almost 50p a pack these days, so you have to be tight with the marmite!

Well I bought some Chorizo and Pastrami at Tesco last week for £2 (BOGOF), plus wraps for £1. Jar of Branston that lasts a month(?). So for 10 days lunch I reckon thats less than 31p per wrap. :thumbsup:

However some schoolkids today were doing a charidee bake sale, so I did spend £2 on a huge piece of chocolate cake and the finest sausage rolls I've ever tasted.

At £1.25 for a 270g jar, plus a loaf of bread and some spread, that's sandwiches for a week at well under 50p a day!
phpThumb.php

You pikeys. Just get your sandwiches pre made like everyone else. M+S Wensleydale and carrot chutney is the best choice of a bad bunch

I like to stick my old chap in two slices of bread and let the dog chow down,takes a bit longer but everyone is happy.

You pikeys. Just get your sandwiches pre made like everyone else. M+S Wensleydale and carrot chutney is the best choice of a bad bunch

Meh, I'm poor and I bought that last week. If you're really posh it would have been A Fillet of Swan on a bed of Beluga Caviar in a Dom Perignon reduction, washed down with a glass of the blood of the proletariat.

My kids love sandwich spread. I cant see the appeal. I love a bit of gentlemans relish, or home made egg mayo with some quavers.

ps get a pack of crisps, crunch them all up, then put a peeled hardboiled egg in. Now eat the egg with some crisps. Your mind thinks the crisps are bits of shell.

Primula cheese and Ham flavour takes a bit of beating. I like a Smokey Bacon crisp with this.

Asda chicken and chorizo is brilliant. chorizo, chicken, peppers and spinach on a sundried tomato bread

Heathens! Sandwich spread, marmite, peanut butter - all perfectly acceptable and cheap sandwich fillings....at least I didn't advocate for fish paste which was as popular when I was growing up but always tasted foul to me!

Heathens! Sandwich spread, marmite, peanut butter - all perfectly acceptable and cheap sandwich fillings....at least I didn't advocate for fish paste which was as popular when I was growing up but always tasted foul to me!

(Sorry to be pedantic)but how can you advocate for something?:unsure:
(worried TEFL teacher).
ps Just had some excellent Russian salad on a sandwich.Marvellous late night snack.:winking:

(Sorry to be pedantic)but how can you advocate for something?:unsure:
(worried TEFL teacher).
ps Just had some excellent Russian salad on a sandwich.Marvellous late night snack.:winking:
As "to advocate" is a verb I think I'm perfectly able to advocate for something, although it is usually used with the object, strangely, if you look on dictionary.com it shows an advert advocating FOR pets. It's surely the same as standing "for" something?

As "to advocate" is a verb I think I'm perfectly able to advocate for something, although it is usually used with the object, strangely, if you look on dictionary.com it shows an advert advocating FOR pets. It's surely the same as standing "for" something?

That advert "Advocate for pets" is a flea treatment called Advocate

Back