• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Australia - still stuck in the 70s

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/jun/13/julia-gillard-howard-sattler-interview

Pretty shocking stuff from the otherside of the world. Firstly the Australian Prime Minster's is insulted physically at a fund raiser, and then a "shock jock" questions her about her partner's sexuality.

Shameful. Can you imagine Jeremy Vine asking David Cameron the same question about his wife?

You'll no doubt remember,that just a few years ago, Cameron was asked by Jonathan Ross if he'd masturbated to images of Margaret Thatcher as a teenager.

Personally, I thought that brought British TV interviewing of politcians to a new low-point.

Aussie politics is fairly awful anyway. A lot of it involves personal insults between Julia gillard and her counterpart and doesn't develop much further than that. She is very very unpopular in aus, mainly because she ousted A man who, at least with the public was fairly popular although from what I gather wasn't within his own party. Even worse with the general election coming up Kevin Rudd gets mentioned every month or so ins leadership battle just 4 months before the election and in my opinion doesn't do enough to stop the rumours in the lead up to any vote of no confidence before denying it at theist minute after all the damage is done.

You'll no doubt remember,that just a few years ago, Cameron was asked by Jonathan Ross if he'd masturbated to images of Margaret Thatcher as a teenager.

Personally, I thought that brought British TV interviewing of politcians to a new low-point.

But Jonathon Woss is a pwat so its what you would expect from him.

Well she won't be PM anymore, ousted by Rudd in a leadership battle. You flamin' galaah bouncer!

Now the Lions have done the job in Sydney and Froome has destroyed Evans in Le Tour; Aussie cricket MUST get thumped in the ashes and the Brownlees are beating all comers in Triathlon WHAT are the Bruce and Sheilas world beaters in these days?

I have a few friends who live in ex Brit Africa countries and they are wanting the Aussies to get a pasting in the Ashes.
My question is, have they (Aussies) alienated lots of other places over the last few decades when they were winning?

I have a few friends who live in ex Brit Africa countries and they are wanting the Aussies to get a pasting in the Ashes.
My question is, have they (Aussies) alienated lots of other places over the last few decades when they were winning?

Everyone likes to see a dominant nation have a decline, other than maybe Brasil

Back