• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Australia vs South Africa

Ron Manager

Off to watch this at The Gabba in Brisbane tomorrow (Monday) night.

Of the two Tests Matches I've followed whilst over here I have to say that the Aussies have been very impressive against a good South African side - that Ashes battle next Southern Hemisphere summer should be something else!

Watching it at the moment. The Saffers can't catch to save their lives. They should never have let Kevin 'Safe Hands' Pietersen go
oops.gif

Aussie's kit looked rather cool. Cant believe SA were beaten so easily.

they had nicknames on their shirts instead of the standard surname as well, quite a nice little touch!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Jan. 09 2006,19:08)]they had nicknames on their shirts instead of the standard surname as well, quite a nice little touch!
I bet that made a few of the MCC brigade choke on their cornflakes
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Jan. 10 2006,11:25)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (shrimperman @ Jan. 09 2006,19:08)]they had nicknames on their shirts instead of the standard surname as well, quite a nice little touch!
I bet that made a few of the MCC brigade choke on their cornflakes  
laugh.gif
*splutter*

tounge.gif

Very enjoyable experience....over 38,000 there which is the biggest ever crowd for a cricket match at the Gabba.

There's a fair bit of debate about the value of 20 Twenty cricket over here but the atmosphere at the game will have gone some way to winning people over. OK, it was far from a fair sporting contest (the Saffers just didn't cotton on to the whole concept of this format as opposed to the Aussies whose batting performance was awesome). However the whole event was great, a fast paced and event filled match with plenty of noise and audience participation - the cheers when the catches went down was on a par with a goal being scored at a football match!

Fantastic stadium too, a complete bowl around the pitch. Apparently the atmosphere for Brisbane Lions AFL games is something else and I can see how.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 07 2006,20:44)]Off to watch this at The Gabba in Brisbane tomorrow (Monday) night.

Of the two Tests Matches I've followed whilst over here I have to say that the Aussies have been very impressive against a good South African side - that Ashes battle next Southern Hemisphere summer should be something else!
Not sure I'd describe South Africa as good - I think they are distinctly average as evidenced by an under-prepared England beating them in SA - but you can only beat who is put in front of you.

The Aussies have outplayed all opposition put in front of them since being outplayed in the Ashes, and if England can keep their bowlers fit (all 4 quicks plus the vastly underrated Giles) then the next Ashes should be a cracker as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Jan. 13 2006,15:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Ron Manager @ Jan. 07 2006,20:44)]Off to watch this at The Gabba in Brisbane tomorrow (Monday) night.

Not sure I'd describe South Africa as good - I think they are distinctly average as evidenced by an under-prepared England beating them in SA - but you can only beat who is put in front of you.

The Aussies have outplayed all opposition put in front of them since being outplayed in the Ashes, and if England can keep their bowlers fit (all 4 quicks plus the vastly underrated Giles) then the next Ashes should be a cracker as well.
To be fair to South Africa, they don't often lose on their own turf. Since readmission in 1992 they have lost 3 series at home, 2 against the Aussies and last year against England.

I agree completely about the next Ashes series, it will be a cracker for sure, and I think England have a great chance of retaining the Ashes.

Back