• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Autumn statement

What you should do then is write in to Downing street and explain that as Cameron won't answer the questions you want answered, that any questions he may have for you will be met with a wall of silence.
I'm sure this tactic will come good for you at some point :winking:

If that tool won't answer questions from people elected by us to ask questions on our behalf, what makes you think he'll answer questions from me?

And I'm still waiting for you to answer questions from me. Talk about a wall of silence. (Or is it that you actually realised your argument didn't make sense? Anyway, that was a different thread, so let's not labour the point.)

Alex Salmond deciding to run makes the SNP factor even more interesting.

This news will strike fear in the heart of Ed Milliband. Labour are likely to be largest party after next election but with no overall majority. Coalition with the SNP at the cost of another referendum, probably giving a yes this time, ending Labour's chances of an overall majority in rest of UK forever.

This news will strike fear in the heart of Ed Milliband. Labour are likely to be largest party after next election but with no overall majority. Coalition with the SNP at the cost of another referendum, probably giving a yes this time, ending Labour's chances of an overall majority in rest of UK forever.
He is standing in a Lib Dem seat.....

He is standing in a Lib Dem seat.....

Even so, I'm sure Miliband would much rather have Salmond on the sidelines rather than being a main player in the upcoming GE. Him running for a seat will galvanise support for SNP candidates across Scotland. Salmond may be a bit of a smarmy bugger, but he is a very sharp political operator.

I think you have, accidentally or deliberately, I'm not sure which, missed the point!
I get the point but you would expect him to take whatever seat he stands for - and it's a Lib Dem seat not a Labour one. As a coalition is looking very likely maybe this is an early SNP olive branch. In terms of a referendum being his price I doubt that he would expect that so soon after the last one and I think he may look to the good of the UK - which for him would be preventing a Conservative government.

Last edited:
Given the spurious logic I don't think the psephologists would be self respecting for very long. What does an event of 35 years ago have to do with it? Furthermore there are plenty of examples of inadequate leaders crashing to defeat at election. I offer you Foot, Kinnock, Hague and Howard.

It's the last historical precedent.That's what.

Back