• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

BLUEBLOOD

Moderator of Moderators
FOOTBALL LEAGUE ATTENDANCE REPORT - SEASON 2010/11
AVERAGE NUMBER OF TRAVELLING FANS
Ok so this should probably be in the General Football Forum but i thought it might start some lively debate so have put it here first up, obviously how well your club does will have a huge impact on numbers as most fans are glory hunters (dons tin hat) and its so much easier to follow a winning team.

Overlying thought for me is how huge a club Leeds are, how miniscule the sheep botherers from up the A12 are and how crap our own support was last season

.. blatantly stolen from the Morecambe fan site www.Shrimpsvoices.co.uk so thanks to them for putting it up

Football League Average 741
Championship Average 1,234
League 1 Average 630
League 2 Average 360

1 Leeds United 3,484
2 Nottingham Forest 2,035
3 Norwich City 1,926
4 Leicester City 1,876
5 Sheffield Wednesday 1,722
6 Queens Park Rangers 1,510
7 Cardiff City 1,501
8 Southampton 1,487
9 Brighton & Hove Albion 1,396
10 Huddersfield Town 1,310
11 Burnley 1,293
12 Hull City 1,264
13 Derby County 1,256
14 Millwall 1,201
15 Portsmouth 1,165
16 Crystal Palace 1,157
17 Ipswich Town 1,084
18 Middlesbrough 1,064
19 Sheffield United 978
20 Swansea City 923
21 Doncaster Rovers 920
22 Port Vale 886
23 Reading 849
24 Barnsley 813
25 Coventry City 809
26 Watford 806
27 AFC Bournemouth 765
28 Bristol City 682
29 Oxford United 679
30 Charlton Athletic 677
31 Peterborough United 653
32 Exeter City 640
33 Plymouth Argyle 637
34 Chesterfield 631
35 Bristol Rovers 615
36 Oldham Athletic 570
37 Preston North End 549
38 Swindon Town 508
39 Shrewsbury Town 501
40 Bury 486
41 Rotherham United 484
42 Gillingham 483
43 Scunthorpe United 478
44 Bradford City 476
45 Carlisle United 469
46 Leyton Orient 460
47 Notts County 455
48 Brentford 432
49 Stockport County 428
50 Rochdale 417
51 Wycombe Wanderers 376
52 Northampton Town 339
53 Southend United 325
54 Milton Keynes Dons 318
55 Crewe Alexandra 318
56 Walsall 301
57 Dagenham & Redbridge 286
58 Stevenage 279
59 Yeovil Town 274
60 Tranmere Rovers 270
61 Colchester United 258
62 Torquay United 248
63 Burton Albion 233
64 Hereford United 231
65 Lincoln City 229
66 Aldershot Town 220
67 Hartlepool United 211
68 Cheltenham Town 179
69 Barnet 178
70 Accrington Stanley 158
71 Macclesfield Town 139
72 Morecambe 123

Must say I am surprised by that. I thought we might be a lot higher up than especially considering some of the clubs above us, noticeable Orient!

A lot of the southern clubs this year will get better figures as theres a lot more local games this year.

Must say I am surprised by that. I thought we might be a lot higher up than especially considering some of the clubs above us, noticeable Orient!

A lot of the southern clubs this year will get better figures as theres a lot more local games this year.

You have to remember we had three rearranged away game : Crewe,Cheltenham and Accey Stanley

Then games like Bradford on a friday wouldnt help, couple of crappy cup games Wolves and Maccelsfield then Maccelsfield away on a bank holiday

A number of factors that has brought it down but I believe our away support is the best in League two!

Interesting read. What stood out for me was that Exeter had a better away support than Plymouth?
Should really post this on Plymouth web site and wait for reaction!

Interesting read. What stood out for me was that Exeter had a better away support than Plymouth?
Should really post this on Plymouth web site and wait for reaction!
Easy really, Plymouth were doomed to relegation from the start.

I think that the main reason we're lower than we might have expected is the northern geographical bias we had in our league last season. That makes Accrington, Macclesfield and Morecombe all the more shocking.

Easy really, Plymouth were doomed to relegation from the start.

I think that the main reason we're lower than we might have expected is the northern geographical bias we had in our league last season. That makes Accrington, Macclesfield and Morecombe all the more shocking.

you said it there mate, Accrington, Macclesfield and Morecombe - can't think of three better reasons why we need to get promoted and fast !

Bearing in mind the circumstances at the start of last season I'd say we'd rank a lot higher the seasons either side of the one quoted. Nice to see we are above MK Dons despite that being our blip year. Their supporters' aproach to football is truly woeful.

Bearing in mind the circumstances at the start of last season I'd say we'd rank a lot higher the seasons either side of the one quoted. Nice to see we are above MK Dons despite that being our blip year. Their supporters' aproach to football is truly woeful.

Sadly wrong ***, 70% of that odious bunch of club stealers fans are under 16 .. if they stick with them, in time, they will potentially become the biggest club in the South Midlands .. pain me though it does to say it

Surprised to see Stock Pot so high up on the list, when you consider the couple of seasons they have had

I think 325 is a damn fine number,in five years following the Berri here in France the most away fans ive seen is around 60,most home games its around 10 to 20,one game there was 3 stewards from the away team and no fans,then ten mins before half time one bloke turned up.
You should be proud each and every one that goes home or away.

Which i find HUGELY suprising .. maybe the year before, when they won promotion, but not last year

Surely playing the likes of Shef Weds, Charlton and Southampton would have bumped up Dagenhams away following a tad though?

Surely playing the likes of Shef Weds, Charlton and Southampton would have bumped up Dagenhams away following a tad though?

If they took 1500 to Orient and Charlton and 1000 to ColU, would leave them with an average of about 130 per game for the rest which sounds about right.
Local derbies, or lack of in our case, can make a huge difference to these figures.
Someone mentioned Stockport were high but they had Chesterfield, Crewe, Macclesfield, Port Vale, Bury and Accrington all within short distance

No surprise we are above Col Ewe. Currently averaging 459 this season ..... http://pringello.co.uk/stats.php

Our away average of 459 this season includes the game at Dagenham in the JPT. The figures of 325 from last season are for League away games only. Our current average away following in the league is 383.

We have Barnet & Dagenham away soon so our away average will go up after those 2 games. Infact I can see us selling our 1,200 allocation at Dagenham.

More details on last season attendances can be found on the NPower website - http://www.football-league.co.uk/page/AttendanceStats/0,,10794,00.html

Back