• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Average Rating

pringlejon

Pringello Indexinator
I wanted to do this last season, but uni work prohibited me. However, now i'm an unemployed bum i have a bit more time. My plan is to collate all the ratings given to individual players from the match report and ratings thread to give an average mark per player per game, and then after more games, the players average mark for the season etc.

It could be interesting to see how often our ratings agree with the MOTM announcements from the game itself, and at the end of the season see whether the player of the season was really the right decision based on the whole season.

Any other ideas would be appreciated.

I like it.

I've wanted to make something similar in PHP before, probably wouldn't be too hard but never had the time and it would be a learn on the job exercise for me. Basically something where you have an input field next to each player and you input your score (1-10) and then it collates the average (possibly removing the top 5 and bottom 5 percentages to stop people trying to swing the ratings with outrageously high/low scores). Would require a database but the zone already have one, possible, I'm happy to try if I get the time in the next couple of months.

I like it.

I've wanted to make something similar in PHP before, probably wouldn't be too hard but never had the time and it would be a learn on the job exercise for me. Basically something where you have an input field next to each player and you input your score (1-10) and then it collates the average (possibly removing the top 5 and bottom 5 percentages to stop people trying to swing the ratings with outrageously high/low scores). Would require a database but the zone already have one, possible, I'm happy to try if I get the time in the next couple of months.

This sounds a fantastic idea.

I like it.

The only issue being we only had 11 ratings, so i spose we could knock off the top and bottom for each!

The Pringello index?
Yes...love it!

pringellocopy.jpg

^^ How's that?? ^^

Sounds like a fantastic idea, guys - please do go ahead. Drop any of the owners a line (although I'd suggest John or Graeme are the ones who understand techy stuff the best) to discuss.

The thing with that though is if somebody actually deserves a 10 and everyone gives him a rating of 10 then you are stealing the players right of having a 10.

No you're not, if someone gets ratings of 9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10 you just knock off the highest and lowest

9, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10

and he still gets a 10.

Pringellodoccopy.jpg

This is my initial idea. Room for more info at the bottom (top goalscorer etc) or can just crop it, though the season ratings will have more players after tonight.

Sounds good fella, I've said this to Cricko an mcnasty in the past (well the past 3 years in fact). Its good someone with the know has done it at last it will be a better representation of what we on the zone thought of the lads collectively rather than individually.

Back