• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Average speed cameras A127

ian_the_girth

President
not sure if this has been talked about already ?

on my way to work this moring, along the A127 between rayleigh weir & st michaels drive / daws heath road.
theres now an average speed camera system for both directions.
i drove up as far as brentwood this moring & back to southend tonight, didnt see the other one. assume it will be nearer the A130 ?

anyone have anymore info about this ?

Last edited:
not sure if this has been talked about already ?

on my way to work this moring, along the A127 between rayleigh weir & st michaels drive / daws heath road.
theres now an average speed camera system for both directions.
i drove up as far as brentwood this moring & back to southend tonight, didnt see the other one. assume it will be nearer the A130 ?

anyone have anymore info about this ?

Should that not be between St.Michaels Rd and Rayleigh Weir..do you mean London Bound?

If there is I am fooked...regularly belt up and down the A127 at 90mph!!!

We are all fooked now anyway since Big Brother took over.

Seeing as it seems to offend everyone!

Last edited:
What's the problem with average speed cameras? They had them on the M11 for ages, and not only did they do an excellent job of protecting the workforce from the selfish idiots who like to hammer past them with no regard for their safety, but it kept the traffic flowing really smoothly so we didn't get those random hold ups caused by Kevin the Cowboy hammering up someone's jacksey and then stamping on the brakes, so everyone got through faster. It's not as if they have them on every road everywhere, is it?

I'm hoping it will help the traffic flow a bit more as i have to use that road during peak hours!

its a joke, swindon council took all cameras out because they were just money making scheme, southend put them in. :madman: i thought they were speed cameras as well, but am probably wrong

Back