• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Average Speed Camers on A127

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Has anyone been nicked? Do they work?

If you are travelling in the outside lane, intending to leave the A127 at say the A130 junction, the traffic has all settled into its 50mph mode. You cant speed up and nip in gap on the inside lane so the only option is to slow right down and move over, thereby slowing all the traffic behind you down.
Doesnt make much sense to me.

I dont know anyone who has been nicked by them.

Have to say though that as someone who makes the daily journey along the A127 the flow of traffic away from Southend in the mornings has been much better since they were introduced. Still a complete arse coming back into southend though.

I dont know anyone who has been nicked by them.

Have to say though that as someone who makes the daily journey along the A127 the flow of traffic away from Southend in the mornings has been much better since they were introduced. Still a complete arse coming back into southend though.
I thought Sam said that she was caught by one of them??

I don't know anyone that has been fined. Drivers continually drive up my arse in the outside lane when I am doing 55mph trying to overtake those doing 45mph in the inside lane. When I pull over they roar past, must be doing a good 60 or mph.

Maybe these cameras have a lot of tolerance on speed?

although a pain, whenever i've driven through them at busy times the traffic does seem to flow better, as number11 says. However it's annoying that much of the road is perfectly save to do 70mph on for most of the time

I recall I read somewhere that on average 44 people a month are nicked by them.

My mate who drives for a living reckons so long as you don't average nore than 60, you will be fine. If you try that kids, don't blame if you get a yellow envelope through you door!

They are a pain in the arse, especially at 11pm when its empty.

Have to agree on the commuting part . When i was driving into London it flowed brilliantly. Coming back you just go via Hockly or lower road .

Have to say, the A13 is a lot easier for travelling on.....or it was until half of those who used to use the A127 transferred themselves to it!

Have to say, the A13 is a lot easier for travelling on.....or it was until half of those who used to use the A127 transferred themselves to it!

It was, until PC Plod decided to hide with a speed gun at 1am at Vic House Roundabout a few weeks ago...

:madman:

one of my mates got done a few months back but these average speed camera's confuse me because cars go past you clearly going a lot faster than 50 and you sit there thinking do they something i don't.

50 mph seems so bloody slow though. does my head in.

Travelling each day along there is alot easier except for the ***** that think 50 mph means they have to go at 40 mph. Do these cameras not pick up on motorbikes as they still fly by all the cars??

Travelling each day along there is alot easier except for the ***** that think 50 mph means they have to go at 40 mph. Do these cameras not pick up on motorbikes as they still fly by all the cars??

Apparently, the cameras take a picture of the front of your vehicle so can't determine the speed of motorbikes.

The camera can determine the speed of a motorbike, what it can't do is read the number plate 'cos there isn't one on the front

Exactly, I've actually managed to set old style Gatso cameras off whilst cycling. I knew the police couldn't do anything about it though, ha ha!!! One particular one near me is about 1/2 a mile after the bottom of a slight hill, so I know I'm on a good ride if I can hit it at 35mph to set it off.

Exactly, I've actually managed to set old style Gatso cameras off whilst cycling. I knew the police couldn't do anything about it though, ha ha!!! One particular one near me is about 1/2 a mile after the bottom of a slight hill, so I know I'm on a good ride if I can hit it at 35mph to set it off.

stupid question i know but if they caught you say on a hand held could they nick you for breaking the speed limit.

Back